Old friends

Hiccup and Toothless were flying over the ocean while avoiding the rocks at the same time.

They already knew where their destination was due to have already studied the landscape of the island, Hiccup took the liberty of remembering every location his family and he went to when they went traveling. Toothless also paid attention to his surroundings in order to be on the same level as Hiccup.

It had been over a year since Hiccup left Caldera Cay to live in the Sanctuary and has learned much about his abilities and now had the abilities of the dragons.

The call of a Thunderdrum.

The Acid spitting of a Changewing.

And much more than that.

The two of them continued to fly over the vast ocean until the spotted the island known as Berk, Toothless started to fly lower just so he wouldn't catch the humans' attention. He steered toward the forest area and Hiccup held on tighter.

It wasn't long before they landed quietly; Hiccup jumped off his brother's and scanned the surrounding area for any signs of life. Hiccup gave Toothless a pat as a way of telling him it was okay and the Night Fury nodded his.

"This place hasn't changed a bit, bud." Hiccup said as he sat down next to Toothless. "It seems like only yesterday we came here for the first time." He then remembers the day when they flew past this place in order to fight the Red Death.

"This place has stayed the same and yet look at us." Toothless said as he stretched out his wings to make a point. "We're bigger, taller and smarter than were two years ago."

Intrigued by Toothless's statement Hiccup stood and went to the small pond of water, he looked at his reflection. It has been long since he took a long look at his own reflection and sees Toothless was right, while he still wasn't muscular, he had grown taller and but looked at least fit. And his armor has changed from his old attire to his new flight suit.

His hair had grown a little longer too and his freckles had become more pronounced. His intelligence and knowledge had increased over these last years living with dragons.

He turned back to his brother and he noticed that the Night Fury's body had become more muscular and large in size. His flight navigation had improved since they last time as well, Toothless was certainly living up to his Night Fury blood.

"You're right, bud. We have changed a lot haven't we? How the years have passed by so quickly," Hiccup stated with a small smile.

Hiccup jumped back on Toothless' back and they ran through the forest dodging the trees, bushes and rocks. They saw lights coming from up ahead and they knew that were going in the right direction. Once there, they reached another hiding place that's when they saw the village coming up.

Not surprisingly, there were barley anyone out and the people who were out were already heading to back their homes in order to get ready for bed.

Hiccup scanned the area to see where they would take their dragons and that's when he saw a large ring, it was caged on the outside and had strong wooden doors with a heavy lock.

"There," Hiccup said as he pointed.

"The ring, of course. A human's natural fear of dragons would allow them to cage up dragons."

"We stick to the shadows, Toothless, no one can see us and no one can hear us either. We have to be silent and quick." Hiccup reminds his brother.

"No offense, Hiccup, but you're talking to a Night Fury here. The fastest and smartest of all the dragon species." Toothless reminds him as they sneak through and make it near the arena.