Next choice

Anna lays on the floor of the cave, holding her torso and crying, the Night Lights trying their best to comfort her but they're also feeling alone now.

"Olaf? Elsa? Heather? Hiccup?" Anna pulled her arms around her and sniffed again, it felt like everything hurt to her. "What do I do now?"

"I've seen dark before, but not like this." Anna sang, her words filled with pain. "This is cold, this is empty, this is numb." Anna looked at the Night Lights who crooned for her.

"The life I knew is over, the lights are out. Hello darkness, I'm ready to succumb." Anna held onto her wrist, ready to accept this way of life.

"I follow you around. I always have, but you've gone to a place I cannot find." Anna lifted her head thinking of the one's she lost. "This grief has a gravity, it pulls me down." Anna turned around slightly and sobbed once more.

"But a tiny voice, whispers in my mind." Anna begins to fill with a small trickle of hope. "You are lost. Hope is gone, but you must go on and do the next right thing." She sang as tears streamed down her face.

"Our Prince is lost, hope is gone, but we must go on and do the next right thing." Ruffrunner sang in agreement of their aunt as Daft stood up and sniffed the air, searching for a way out and found one before screeching to her siblings and Anna.

"Can there be a day beyond this night? I don't know anymore what is true." Anna saw the Night Lights encouraging her to follow as she leaned over on her knees as a thick fog surrounded her.

"There is a day beyond this night, I know it to be true." Dart tried comforting her and encouraging her to keep going while singing.

"I can't find my direction, I'm all alone. The only star that guided me was you." Anna sat up taking a deep breath in.

"How to rise from the floor, when it's not you I'm rising for? Just do the next right thing." Anna staggered to stand while holding her arms close to her body. "Take a step, step again. It is all that I can. To do the next right thing." Anna slung her bag over her head and took a step forward.

"I won't look too far ahead, it's too much for me to take." Anna climbed up a ridge taking easy steps as the Night Lights encourages her to keep on going. "But break it down to this next breath, this next step, this next choice, is one that I can make." She looked out towards a ledge and readied herself to jump.

"So I'll walk through this night. Stumbling blindly towards the light and do the next right thing." Anna landed on the other side of the crevasse and found her way out of the cave.

"And with the dawn, what comes then? When it's clear that everything will never be the same again?" Anna looked out at the dam, then sighed knowing what she needs to do. "Then I'll make the choice, to hear that voice and do the next right thing."

The Princess looked up, spotting Stormfly flying around above her, she waved her dragon down.

"Stormfly, I thought I lost you, too." Anna hugged the dragon, Stormfly returned the favour by nudging her head against Anna. "I tried, girl, I really did. But now they're, gone." Anna lowered her head, Stormfly crooned.

"Aunt Stormfly, we can celebrate this reunion later, right now there's something we have to do." Dart said as Anna climbed onto the dragons back.

"What do we do?" Stormfly asked, having no idea what she missed.

"We're going to break the dam." Pouncer said to the Nadder and Stormfly took off, followed by the Night Lights.