2.8: Untitled Part 18

Draco glared at Pansy Parkinson, who happened to be simpering and batting her eyes at him. Blaise chuckled under his breath and quieted as the glare redirected toward him. They stood near the table that served appetizers and drinks, dressed in their finest and the large ballroom was alighted in sparkling fairies' lights and decoration from the Christmas holiday. The Malfoy family held their infamous annual New Year Eve ball for the pureblood for the last two centuries and each one more lavish than the previous.

The blond looked away, shifting his emerald mask that matched his dark suit lined with emerald and silver. He glanced around, looking at people before him; his father had outdone himself this year. The room was lavish and gorgeous; there were people dancing, laughing and chatting, dressed in their finest, masks covering their faces and music floated in the air.

However, it wasn't complete for him. It was just missing one person he wished to be with him that night and it wasn't possible. He had missed her terribly. Sighing and finishing off his drink and placing the cup down only to find his arm conquered by a girl with frilly ivory and pink dress that reminded him of a muggle treat called bubble gum. "Pansy!" he seethed and shook his arm free. "Haven't you learned anything? I don't want you near me; I don't want to be seen with you! I might as well let Caledonia mess your face beyond magical repair next time!"

Pansy pouted and stomped her feet in a true toddler fashion. "Draco Malfoy, we're going to be married after graduation whatever you like it or not. You best get over your infuriation of Caledonia Snape and start considering me, your true wife!" She glared at him.

Sneering at her, "Not that I can help it... I wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole. I rather lose all of my inheritance than to shack with you!" He walked off, searching for a place to get away from the infuriating girl. Blaise followed him, snickering. "Shut it!" Draco snapped at his dark-skinned friend.

"Well, as it was entertaining at first, but I have to agree, it is becoming bothersome," Blaise replied and leaned against the wall when his friend decided that they were far enough from Pansy. "It's even worse to watch you pine over a certain green-eyed, raven-haired girl that isn't here."

Draco scowled and saw his mother coming his way. "Oh great, now mother's going to annoy me about not dancing with my future spouse." 'He's having far too much fun at my disposal.'He thought sourly.

"Draco dear, why aren't you dancing?" Narcissa asked as she came up to him. Draco shot a look that said 'I told you' toward a smug Blaise. She looked around and spotted Pansy at the table, fuming. "Pansy sure look... pretty." She was at a loss at the word to describe the said girl and took a sip from her glass, fighting back a grimace on her face.

Draco snickered. "Mother, you can say whatever you wish. I can help with the proper words: ugly, hag, a pug-faced or a slut."

"Draco!" Narcissa admonished sharply, and gave him a pointed look. "That's not how you should describe your future wife... though," she paused as if considering one of the words Draco had supplied rang true.

Draco threw his hands up in the air and gritted, "I'm not marrying that whore!" He then stopped, looking across the room to the entrance. He froze as he watched two dark figures appear. Blaise followed the blonde's gaze and a knowing grin grew on his face. Narcissa noticed as well and turned to see what the two men were looking at and gasped softly.

She spoke then, "Ah, I see. Severus Snape decided to grace his presence with his daughter as well. My, my... she's rather gorgeous tonight." She smiled slightly.

Severus glanced around the room and saw Lucius Malfoy stride across the room to greet them. A servant awaited as he took his cloak off, to reveal that he was wearing formal black robe underneath and helped Caledonia to remove her black cloak that was lined with bright emerald stain, revealing that she was wearing a black mask that had silver and green accent and feathers around the edge. Her long ebony hair hung down her back to her waist in gentle curls while her bangs swept coyly over her eye and her pale shoulders were exposed. She wore a black corset over emerald lace top with short sleeves that wrapped around her arms and her full lace skirt with black stain draping that bunched up over the front and let down in the back in yards of ruffles. She also wore matching black fingerless lace gloves and overall, she looked like a dark beauty, and a quiet few men had already turned head to stare openly at her. She was an embodiment of a Slytherin princess, or perhaps, the queen of the Underworld.