2.11: Untitled Part 21

Before the Astronomy Tower's stairways, Caledonia and Draco stood together, holding each other as if it was their last moments together. She was wearing a simple jean, a shirt, and a jacket. Her hair tied up in a ponytail. He brushed her bang aside, seeing she had foregone the charm this time.

"This is it." He said softly. "The tribulation begins."

She tilted her head to rest her cheek in his warm palm, savoring the feeling. "Yeah." Smiling softly as she looked into his silver-azure eyes full of emotions that were only for her. "I'm glad we had our times together in the last few nights and I hope it wouldn't be the last of them."

"At least we had them." He replied cheekily, and she swatted him lightly, then they both fell serious. He leaned down and gave her a long kiss that poured his entire emotions into them.

Then they broke apart, breathing a bit hard. She reached up and caressed his face. "Love, be careful-"

"You too. Come back to me. I will need you."

"I know." She stepped out of his arms, walked toward the steps, and looked back. "As much I hate this, 'for the greater goods'..." she said, repeating Dumbledore's famous words.

He grimaced and nodded, "Go on," and watched as she made her way up the stairs to the top of the tower. He turned making his way toward the seventh-floor corridor, to wait for his time to come.

As she reached the top, she heard voices and paused, listening. Her father was up there with Headmaster Dumbledore.

"Have you ever considered that you ask too much?" Severus asked, hint of dark tone in his voice. "That you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?"

The ancient wizard, leaning against the railing turned his head to the dark man off the side, almost hiding in the shadow. "Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate this with you, Severus. You agreed. There's nothing more to discuss."

Caledonia tilted her head, trying to see but saw her father come down and stopped before her. She supposed, if she were Harry Potter, standing there now, he would have been glaring murder at him, but not now, not ever. His face was soft, and there was a worry in his dark eyes.

"Take extra care, love." He said softly as he reached to touch her cheek and she leaned her head into his large warm and calloused hand that smelled of many potions.

"Yes, father." She said softly as she felt his hand leave her face. She watched as he silently glided down the stairs then made the last few steps to the top landing, finding the Headmaster waiting for her.

"Other time, other places, I would say you needed a shave. But that's not appropriate." He said, and she gave a small giggle, rubbing her face, wondering what stubble would have felt on her face.

"At times I forget how much you've grown. I still see the small child from the cupboard." He stepped up to her and handed her the vial. She glanced at the golden liquid. "I am an old man, forgive me."

She shook her head. "You look the same to me."

"Like your mother, you are unfailingly kind. We have precious time left now, drink." He gestured to the vial.

Uncorking it and downing the drink, she grimaced and waited as she changed. Then, Harry stood before Dumbledore and reached to his neck, to pull the necklace off. The silver chain with the tiny wand transformed into a familiar wand.

"Ingenious," Dumbledore commented and watched as the lily wand transformed and attached to the chain and he tucked it back inside his shirt. "The place to which we journey tonight is exceedingly dangerous, Harry. I promise that you could accompany me and I stand by that promise. But there is a condition: you must obey any command I give you... without question."