Author's Letter

Caledonia Lilia Snape is one of the earliest Harry Potter fan fiction I wrote. Not the first, but the one that gained quite a small popularity on other fan fiction platforms. It wasn't until years later that I realized this is a unique story resonating with a particular group of people.

This story could be considered a transgender story where Harry becomes a girl and goes through a journey of adapting to a new gender, realizing her feelings, and people accepting her for her change. Now, this is not a full-on intentional transgender person, as it was accidental but unfixable. But in the end, it is a transgender story.

Now, I've seen comments across the internet here and there saying that this is one of the trans-friendly stories. I didn't think of it until someone very close to me became a trans-woman, and I started to notice the similarities through our conversation and, yes, this is a transgender story. This story happened to be the very story that helped the person realize that I would not judge her for her decision to change gender and solidified her trust in me.

I've seen some comments thinking that I am a trans person myself—truth be told- no, I am not. I am a straight cis-woman with a very open mind and a friend of the LGBTQIA2S+ community. I just happened not to realize when I first wrote it I was writing a transgender story, or close to it.

This story is unedited and un-betaed, so expect errors throughout the story. I didn't have time to clean it up and must finish several other stories. I do intend to get back to the story someday, and rewrite some parts. I have not completed titles of many chapters. 

Enjoy Caledonia Lilia Snape.

P.S.

Please do not copy, translate to another language, or post it anywhere else. It's already on AO3 and FFNet, and I hunt down people to get it deleted.