ϟ 2 ϟ

POPULAR FOR A DAY

ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟑/𝟎𝟓/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

YET another Monday came and Elena sat on the bench of the school lobby, waiting for her friend Leo. Except this time, she was expecting a certain three new students coming in with him. Eventually, the underdeveloped teenager came in. As expected, his new step-siblings trailed behind him.

Elena stood from the bench, putting on her book bag and walking over. This time, she was the one to hug Bree first.

"Bree! I'm so happy to see you!" she exclaimed. She could just feel Bree freaking out in her arms. "I am going to make sure you learn the ropes here! It's gonna be so fun, I promise!"

"I can't wait!" Bree squealed.

"Okay, okay, she's still my best friend, Bree," Leo interjected, linking arms with Ellie and pulling her to the cafeteria. "Follow us, children."

Elena rolled her eyes as the five entered the cafeteria, filled to the brim with students hanging out before the morning bell rang.

"So, first thing you guys should know, the woman in the terrible pantsuit is Principal Perry," Elena told Adam, Bree, and Chase, who watched her closely and nodded.

"She has the temperament of a junkyard dog stuffed into a really bad pantsuit," Leo added, shaking his head.

"HEY! YOU!" Principal Perry yelled across the cafeteria at a student. "No tongue rings in school! Don't try to hide it. I will take a metal detector to your face!"

"Second thing you should know, don't plan on any piercings," Ellie laughed awkwardly, watching as Principal Perry chased the kid.

Adam laughed at her joke, looking around the cafeteria and taking everything in.

Bree grabbed Elena's arm, gasping. "This is it. My chance for romance. On TV, the new girl always drops her books and the cute guy with the soulful eyes picks them up," she gushed, watching a junior in an orange long-sleeve approach the group.

"Oh, no, Bree, I wouldn-" Elena's protests were cut off as Bree dropped all of her books from her arms.

The "cute guy with soulful eyes" turned a corner away from the mess at the exact moment Elena's history teacher, Mr. Dunphy, slipped on all of the books and papers spread out on the floor.

"Oops! Sorry, I'm new," Bree excused herself as Ellie helped him up.

"Okay," Leo began as Mr. Dunphy walked off, "your social life is determined by where you sit. We can't sit at the cool table, but we can be cool table adjacent."

"Hey Leo," Elena interrupted.

"Yes, Ellie?"

"Adam just sat at the cool table," Bree responded for her.

Leo cast a worried glance to where Adam was, sitting between two cheerleaders with oranges over his eyes. "WHAT!?" he screamed.

"He can't sit there! That's where the football players sit with the cheerleaders!" he protested.

"Last time Leo tried to sit at that table, they used chocolate pudding to make it look like he had an accident," Ellie whispered to Bree and Chase, who both giggled, earning unimpressed looks from Leo.

"I never did get those brown stains out of my pants," Leo sighed.

"Those girls are actually talking to him!" Chase realized aloud. "And they can't talk about shapes and colors forever!"