ϟ 4 ϟ

SMART AND SMARTER

ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟑/𝟐𝟔/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

BREE and Elena strolled into school talking about her latest date with Ethan.

"He kissed your cheek? Bree, that's so cute!" Ellie gushed.

"Hey, guys. Look what I did with my locker!" Adam beckoned, pulling us to his locker and opening the door, showing off the festive mess inside. "Ta-Da!"

"Here's where I keep my books," He started at the top, "Down here, I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches, and here is where I stockpile old lunches, or as I like to call it, my tum-tum yum-yums."

Ellie looked at Bree, the two sharing looks of disgust.

"You know what, Adam?" Ellie began.

"Hm?" he responded.

"It's so you," she told the boy, before she and Bree walked over to Leo.

"Hey, Leo. What's that?" Bree asked. seeing a paper in his hand.

"My progress report. I can't believe my science teacher says I'm always late to class!" He groaned.

"You are always late to class, Leo," Ellie told him.

"I know that, but I don't need it publicized," he complained.

Suddenly, Chase ran up to the group.

"Look at this! An A-! I knew my home ec teacher had it out for me," Chase grumbled. "Always criticizing my muffins."

"Ha ha! I beat you! I got a D+!" Adam bragged. "Plus because I'm better."

"Adam, the 'plus' is -- you know what? It's just not even worth it anymore," Bree dismissed as she walked off.

"D is not a good grade. But we don't really expect you to get good grades," Chase told his brother, before walking off with his three other siblings.

"What are you doing after school today, Adam?" Ellie asked as she leaned against the locker next to his.

"Oh, probably gonna make some fake mustaches," Adam responded, holding up the hair from his locker.

"Sounds like a busy night," Ellie teased.

"Very. You know, you would not believe the work that goes into these things," he said, taking one out from his bag.

"Want it?" he offered.

Ellie's eyes widened for a second at the offer, "NO!" But seeing the offended look on Adam's face, she quickly rethought her words. "I mean, you put so much work into it, I can't even imagine taking the finished product from you," she lied.

Phew, that works.

"Aw, well aren't you sweet," Adam noted, bopping her on the nose with the mustache and walking over to his siblings.

Deciding she'd had enough of the Davenport/Dooley clan today, Ellie left to find friends who didn't store hair in their lockers.

ϟ 𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟑/𝟐𝟕/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

THE next day, Ellie found herself back at school hanging out with Adam, Bree, and Leo before classes began.

"How did you feel about the biology homework last night, Leo?" she asked.

"There was biology homework?" Adam asked worriedly.

"Adam, you're a sophomore. You take physics," Ellie pointed out.