ϟ 21 ϟ

ART SHOWS AND CHEMICAL CONTAMINATIONS

ϟ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟐𝟖/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

Ellie watched from across the hallway as Bree flirted with Owen.

"That's pitiful," Gemma commented beside her.

"Hey, don't be rude," Ellie scolded softly. "He seems nice."

"His art sucks," Gemma deadpanned.

Suddenly, Bee waved goodbye to Owen, jogging over in the two's direction.

"Shut up," Ellie said as she hit Gemma's shoulder. "Don't let her hear you talking like that."

Gemma rolled her eyes.

"Ellie, you won't believe what just happened," Bree said excitedly.

"Loverboy invited you to his art show Sunday," Gemma muttered so that only Ellie could hear, while picking her nails. Ellie subtly elbowed her.

"What?" she asked Bree.

"Owen invited me to his art show this Sunday," she squealed excitedly.

"Bingo," Gemma murmured.

"That's great, Bree. You should start going on more dates. Ethan wasn't worth it," Ellie said. 

"You're one to talk," Gemma snorted. "I don't remember the last time you went on a date."

Bree then gasped, causing the two to look at her oddly. "You should come to the art show with me! A ton of guys will be there showing off their work. Maybe you'll find someone there. Homecoming's coming up soon, so you'll have to find a date anyway."

"Oh, I don't know that-"

"That's actually not a bad idea. I could see you with the tortured artist type, Ellie," Gemma said.

"That feels like an insult," Ellie responded.

"Besides, I'll need a wing woman. I have no idea what I'm doing with Owen," Bree pleaded.

Ellie sighed. "Okay, fine. When is it?"

"It's at 7 on Sunday. Thank you so much!" Bree replied, bringing Ellie into a hug.

"Yeah, no problem. . ." Ellie wanted to groan, but held it in. Bree left, practically skipping off to her next class.

"Good luck with that," Gemma said sarcastically as she walked off.

Ellie rolled her eyes, turning over to her locker to take some of her books out.

"Hey, what's up?" Adam asked as he walked up behind her.

She turned her head to face him, "Hey, Adam."

"Are we still not hanging out tonight?" he winked at her.

Ellie had realized after a couple of days that she mightaswell act as if nothing had ever happened. It was the best way to keep everyone safe. She'd act like she knew nothing and just try not to run into Adam, Bree, and Chase on their missions.

She rolled her eyes at how obvious he was. "Yes, we're still not hanging out. And you're still not meeting me a block away, right?"

"Yes, I am not doing that," he smiled. "Your hair looks nice today."

Ellie blushed a little at the compliment. She had only put the top half in a bun. It was simple, but she was glad Adam liked it.

"Thanks," she replied, before she realized something. "Oh, I have nothing nice to wear to the art show."