ϟ 25 ϟ

TRUCKED OUT

ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟎/𝟐𝟐/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

"OKAY, Adam, which car goes first?" Ellie quizzed, turning the book around to show Adam the picture.

"Hmmmm. . ." he let out a long hum, staring at the book with narrowed eyes. He glanced up at Ellie, then back down at the book. "Mmmmmmm. . ." he hummed again.

Ellie noticed his eyes flitting back and forth between her and the book. She sighed, setting it back down, "What's wrong now, Adam?"

"Your hair just looks nice today," the boy grinned cheekily. Ellie groaned and set her head down in her arms to hide the blush that was forming on her cheeks.

"Now it's my hair, last question it was my eyes, and the two before that were something about my outfit," she complained, lifting her head back up. "Do you even want to pass?"

"Do you even want me to pass? Why'd you show up looking so nice if you wanted me to actually pay attention?" Adam challenged.

Ellie rolled her eyes, "This is the same thing I wore to school today."

"Exactly, and I don't pay attention there, either."

Ellie shrugged, knowing that Adam had a point. "Come on, I really want you to pass. Can you just answer a couple more questions? For me?"

"Car A goes first," Adam responded after looking back down at the book.

Ellie smiled, flipping to the next page. "Okay, what does this road sign mean?"

"It means to let the other cars go by first," Adam answered, impressing Ellie.

"Um, okay. You're going straight and a pedestrian and a bike want to cross in front of you. What do you do?"

"Let the pedestrian go first, then you go, and the bicycle man goes after."

"Because. . ."

"Because bicycle men have to follow the rules of the road."

"Adam," Ellie laughed, "You know all of this stuff. You've been dodging questions the whole time."

"I could be using my air to tell you how pretty you look instead," he said.

Ellie hid her face in her hands, unsure of what to do or say. "Hey, come on. Don't hide in there," Adam chided playfully, pulling her hands away. He didn't let go of them.

"Do you just enjoy making me suffer?" Ellie asked, interlacing their fingers.

"Sometimes," Adam laughed, causing Ellie to roll her eyes yet again.

"Of course you do."

"I can't help it. Your face goes beet red every time and you try to hide it," the boy chuckled some more, holding her hands tighter in case she decided to punish him by pulling them away.

As if on cue, Ellie's face began to turn a bright shade of red.

"Just like that," Adam teased, releasing one of her hands to reach across the table and pinch her nose.

"Stop it," she giggled, pushing his hand away and taking her other one back. "I actually had something to talk to you about besides just studying and you're completely distracting me!"

"Okay, okay. I'm listening. I am," Adam said as his laughter died down, the hint of a smile still on his lips. Ellie tossed runaway blonde strands out of her face as the red in her cheeks began to fade.

"Okay, so, homecoming is the tenth and I would be more than happy just going with my friends, but they seem to want to do more of a group thing. . ."