ϟ 13 ϟ

DUMMER VACATION

ϟ 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟕/𝟓/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

BY some miracle, Ellie's warden had let her out once more during her summer vacation. She hadn't seen anything but her reflection and her father for almost a month now and there was little she could fine to do with the passing time.

She, Gemma, Chloe, and Andy were all sitting in the living room of Chloe's house and talking. Ellie couldn't help but be distracted by the grandeur of Chloe's home, seeing as her own was very modest and didn't even have a living room.

"This summer vacation is turning into a dummer vacation," Gemma groaned from beside Ellie.

"That was a lame joke," Andy told her friend.

"Yeah. She's right. It was," Chloe agreed.

"You guys are lame. Ellie likes my joke, don't you Ellie?"

Ellie was broken out of her trance, "What was the joke again?"

The three girls on the couch with her groaned.

"You would think that someone who hasn't been with anyone else for a month would pay more attention once she finally spends time with real people."

"Yeah what's wrong with you?" Andy asked.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong with me," Ellie responded quickly.

Truth be told, she had become very spacey lately. She always found herself either thinking about her training with Niche or a certain dark-haired boy.

"Spill," Gemma demanded.

Ellie found herself still in thought. She couldn't exactly say that she was thinking about training to become a superhero. She had only one choice: tell a half truth.

She opened her mouth to tell all of them, but was cut off by a deep gasp.

"You're in love!" Gemma shouted.

"Wait, what?"

"With who?"

Ellie's eyes widened, "I am not in love! It's just a crush."

"But there's someone?" Chloe asked.

Ellie blushed a deep red.

"Who?" Andy asked, leaning forward at her spot on the couch.

"It's silly. You guys don't need to know," Ellie brushed them all off.

"Um, yes we do," Gemma argued. "What are you so scared of? It's us."

"That's what I'm scared of," Ellie replied sarcastically, to which her friend scoffed.

"It's Adam, isn't it?" Andy spoke up.

The look of shock that took over Ellie's features told all of them everything they needed to know.

"No way," Chloe gasped.

"Come on, she's been hanging out with him every second she could ever since he walked through the school butt-naked for her," Andy laughed.

"I see the vision," Gemma spoke up cryptically. "Rich, tall, handsome, . . . rich."

"I do not like him because he's rich," Ellie denied.

"But you admit you do love him?" Chloe asked.

"I like him. You guys are taking this way too seriously," Ellie sighed.

"Like, love, what's the difference?" Gemma shrugged the girl off.