ϟ 26 ϟ

DIE A HERO

ϟ 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟎/𝟐𝟖/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

HOMECOMING was next week. Everybody seemed crazed to find a dress. Ellie was content to just thrift one, but it seemed that Tasha wanted to take care of literally everything.

"I don't know. Tasha, are you sure about this? This store is expensive. . ." she pointed out, looking up at the sign.

The two girls had taken to the mall Sunday afternoon, with the addition of Bree, of course, who also needed to find a dress. Tasha seemed not to want to spare any expenses on her 'daughters'. She decided that the dress had to be first. After that, they could search for matching clothes for the outfit that Ellie and Tasha would walk down the field in, and after all of that, they would get their nails done so colors would coordinate.

Ellie, of course, hadn't forgotten Niche's rules. While Tasha and Bree would be getting full sets with color, she just wanted hers maintained -- maybe made shiny if she got bored of waiting for Tasha and Bree.

"Oh, Ellie. I married a billionaire who gave me his credit card for everything. We could spend a million today and he probably wouldn't notice," Tasha exaggerated. "Now, I do not put up with his ego for nothing and I will remind you that he destroyed the school. We deserve this."

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

"I don't deserve this," Donald Davenport sat on the couch, griping about all the money he could only imagine that he was losing.

"Don't deserve what?" Adam asked as he and Chase walked in, going to the fridge for snacks.

"The girls went shopping for homecoming and took my credit card. I'm gonna be out. . . hundreds of thousands!"

Chase looked at the man oddly, "Hey, Mr. Davenport. Quick question. How much did it take to repair the school?"

"Uh- Adam did it too!"

"Yeah, but I don't have any money for them to go shopping with," Adam chuckled, going back down the hallway en route to the elevator.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

"OOH! This one, this one!" Bree suggested, holding up a hot pink dress with beads all over it.

"It's pretty, but no pink. Perry called me Barbie the other day and I don't wanna perpetuate that image," she grimaced at the memory. "Besides, I don't wanna make Jackson too uncomfortable. I don't think he'd like our color being pink."

It was as if Ellie was stuck with Jackson now. Everyone else in homecoming court were dating: the freshman reps, the junior reps, hell, even all of the seniors were nominated for king and queen in couples. To make matters worse, Patty was short for Patricia. Patty was on homecoming court.

"Okay, you've had something negative to say about every dress. What are you looking for?" Tasha asked, tired of randomly suggesting dresses and getting a 'no' every time.

"Well, Gemma said it should be short."

"Okay."

"And I wore lilac to the last dance."

"Purple out, got it."

"But Ellie, what's your color? What speaks to you?" Tasha asked.

Ellie thought about it. She looked down at her hand, visualizing the way it looked when she felt completely free -- when she was full of energy. When blue bolts of electricity literally ran across her skin in her excited state.