ϟ 24 ϟ

SPIKE'S GOT TALENT

ϟ 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟎/𝟏𝟎/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

ELLIE arrived in Pacoima not long after she got her alert, suit on and Ajax in hand as a bo staff -- nothing seemed suspicious at first. Of course, it was cold. Very cold. And snow was falling, as her notice said.

But then she realized that the snow wasn't falling. It was blowing from her left. And it seemed to shoot in a ray of snow. If she had to guess, she'd say that it was a snow gun or something. It seemed like a bad choice of villain for someone with a water weakness. She put her hands out, creating a force field of electricity around her. The heat it emitted would melt and evaporate the snow before it could touch her, but she needed to stop it at the source.

And she was sure she could find that source by following the snow. It was more than just cold in Pacoima, though. It was a full on snowstorm. Wind whipped at her from the very direction she wanted to go -- towards the enemy.

She was grateful for the grip on her boots when she began to advance. It helped her not to slide in the opposite direction, but her progress was slow, if anything. Every time she put her foot out to take a step, it was blown back by the fierce wind. She quickly learned that this wasn't going to work in the long run.

She pictured him in her mind - long silver hair, metallic grey eyes, long face. She had gotten quicker at summoning storms recently. In mere seconds, thunder began to crack overhead. Maybe if she caused a distraction, the winds would die down. Lightning began to strike ahead, at her will, around where she suspected the villain to be.

Right on cue, both the winds and the snow stopped. She took the opportunity as quickly as possible, running at the direction the winds had been from as quickly as possible.

She navigated street by street, judging by depth of the snow on the ground whether or not she was getting close. She found him in the center of a cup de sac. The second she did, she felt weak in the knees. He was huge.

His skin was pale, almost blue. He was much taller than Adam, maybe even by an entire foot. And he was wide. The circumference of her biceps was probably the same as that of her head. This guy looked like he could grab her by the limbs and rip her into four separate pieces with his bare hands. His back was to her and he began to generate snow again.

He had no shirt, brown shorts covering his bottom half. If she had to guess, she would definitely say that this man was responsible. Who else would be wearing such attire?

"HEY!" she called, grabbing his attention.

He stopped, slowly turning to face her. When his black eyes found her, he paused, a smile stretched across his face. He laughed, a deep rumble coming all the way from his gut.

"You're the hero attempting to stop me? A little girl? They really let anyone in these days."

Ellie was surprised to find no weapon. It was just him. So how could he be generating this weather?

"I hope you fight as well as you joke," she replied dryly, taking off in a sprint towards him. She kept her force field up in front of her, taking any precaution possible.

The man seemed relatively unfazed. He raised his right hand to her, outstretched. Snow and wind began to funnel out of his palms, aimed directly for her. When it hit her force field, all of the snow evaporated on impact, but the wind was able to pass, sending her barreling back from where she came.

Never bringing her forcefield down, she tumbled to the ground a few feet back.

"You're no match for me, little hero," the big man growled. "I'm the Abominable. I'm renowned. And who are you? What do you do?"