ϟ 12 ϟ

DUDE, WHERE'S MY FRIEND?

ϟ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟔/𝟖/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

"I'M gonna miss you," Andy said, hugging her friend. "You're gonna be a sophomore next year! You're all grown up!"

"Oh, please," Ellie rolled her eyes. "You're not even a full year older."

"In fact, aren't you only like six months older than Ellie? She was born in November," Gemma pointed out.

"What are you talking about? Ellie's birthday is in March," Chloe scoffed.

"I thought your birthday was in July," Andy spoke skeptically.

Ellie stood perfectly still, glancing at her friends, who looked at her suspiciously.

"I have a perfectly logical explanation for all of this. And that is that I will see you all in three months! Bye!" She called as she walked away quickly from them all.

"We're officially done with freshman year and I could not be happier," Ellie cheered, walking up to Leo.

"I know. We don't have to sit through Madame Gigi's lessons anymore. I heard the French 2 teacher is way better," Leo agreed.

"What are your plans this summer? Rich new stepdad, maybe that means luxurious vacation?" Ellie guessed.

"Yeah, probably not. He's techy. He's always cooped up in the la- the basement working on inventions."

"Oh, that sucks. Well, I'll probably be stuck inside all summer too. But I promise, I'm coming back in the fall with a serious tan," she joked.

"Well, don't stay in the sun too much. Your freckles will have something to say about it," Leo nagged, pointing to the girl's nose, which had lately become littered with small dark spots.

Ellie gasped, slapping Leo's hand away.

"How dare you. Never point out a lady's insecurities!" She chastised.

"Guess what just happened," Bree said excitedly as she approached from behind.

"What?" Leo asked as Elle removed her hand from her face.

"I broke up with my first boyfriend!" Bree cheered.

"Wait, what?" Ellie was confused. "You and Ethan broke up?"

"No. I broke up with him. It's my single lady summer. I don't wanna worry about Ethan all Summer. Besides, if we can't talk about algebra, I really never know what to say," Bree admitted.

"Oh, no, Bree. The expression is 'hot g-" Ellie began before Leo elbowed her in the side.

"Sounds great, Bree!"

Bree smiled wider before spotting Caitlin and walking away from the two.

"What the hell was that for?" Ellie asked.

"You don't have to deal with the look on Davenport's face when she repeats that at home. She's an impressionable young child. You have to watch what you say," Leo ranted.

Ellie thought about it, shaking her head in annoyance. "She's a girl and she's older than both of us."

"We've seen more of the world," Leo pointed out.

As she went to respond, the school bell rang, cutting Ellie off.

"WHOO HOO! I NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK HERE AGAIN!" Ellie heard Adam cheer as he ran out of the front doors.