ϟ 7 ϟ

NEW DO

ϟ 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟒/𝟏𝟗/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

IT was an average Monday morning; Ellie stood by Leo, trying to talk him out of a very bad idea.

"Please tell me you're not actually going to try and win her over using that crap," Ellie pleaded, walking aimlessly with the boy beside her.

"It's going to work! I promise. I'll look like the coolest guy in school and she won't be able to resist me," he assured.

"Well, at least she doesn't use you as a footstool," Ellie muttered. She wasn't exactly ever friends with Janelle; in fact, she could remember several occasions when she was younger in which the girl actually avoided her like her struggle to walk was a sign of the plague. But she could recognize that Janelle was a better person than she used to be. "I still think it's going to go horribly wrong."

"Oh! There she is! Just wait; you'll see," he told his best friend as he strolled over to his romantic prospect.

Ellie observed closely, leaning against a row of lockers as Leo began to enact his plan. "Janelle, thanks for coming. I suppose you're wondering why I asked you here."

Not a great start.

"We're at school," Janelle deadpanned.

"What are you staring at?" Adam asked as he approached Ellie.

"Shhh! Shhhhh! Leo's trying to flirt with Janelle. I'm trying to listen," she said, holding her first finger up to the boys lips, not looking away from the scene.

"Ooookay ..." Adam trailed, grabbing her wrist and putting her hand down from its place on his face. Nevertheless, he began to watch by her side.

"Oh, you," Leo laughed endearingly as if Janelle had made a funny joke. "Anyway, I wanted to show you something that someone who's both cool but nerdy can appreciate."

Adam sucked a breath in between his clenched jaws.

"I know, isn't it awful," Ellie laughed as she glanced over at the boy beside her.

Janelle crossed her arms, looking at Leo mildly annoyed.

"Please ignore the fact that I called you nerdy, 'cause I also called you cool," he pleaded with her.

Janelle sighed, "Fine, but if you call me ugly-pretty, we're gonna have a problem."

"Oh, you!" Leo tittered again, before getting to the meat and potatoes of the whole interaction. "With the flip of a switch, I can create a virtual trampoline. Allow me to demonstrate."

He moved Janelle out of the way, pointing the device in his hand down at the ground, before pressing a button, maintaining eye contact with the girl.

"Bam!" he said as a glowing blue virtual trampoline appeared on the floor.

As Janelle looked on expectantly, Leo began to jump on the trampoline a couple times.

"Wow! I did not think that was gonna work!" he admitted, surprised as he jumped back.

"Cool!" Janelle marveled, genuinely surprised. "So, how high can you go?"

"Let's find out," Leo agreed.

Ellie turned to Adam with a cheeky smile on her face.

"This is definitely where it goes wrong," she told the tall boy, looking up at him.

"Oh, come on, how wrong could it go?" Adam asked, turning back to the scene.

Leo jumped with all of his force on the trampoline, losing control and flying through the air. Everyone in the lobby gazed in shock as he soared straight into Flo the lunch lady's arms.