ϟ 20 ϟ

MISSIN' THE MISSION

 ϟ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟐𝟏/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

HER first instinct was to go to Niche. Niche would know what the best course of action was. But then she thought about her talk with Niche. Would she think of her as less responsible because she couldn't handle this on her own?

Leo had said the word bionics. She wasn't sure what it meant, but he didn't call Bree's abilities powers, so maybe that meant that they weren't superheroes, like her. She took to her phone to look the word up.

Bionics:

having artificial body parts, especially electromechanical ones OR

having ordinary human powers increased by the aid of bionic devices (real or fictional).

She felt everything click into place then. Davenport, a billionaire scientist and inventor -- how could she not have seen it? She felt stupid, to be frank. The Davenports had been terrible at being discrete, but she and everyone around them had been stupid enough not to see what was right in front of them. 

They were infused with technology. Adam, technology that made him strong and do whatever it is that he did during the hoop-a-palooza; Bree, technology to make her fast; and Chase, technology to make him. . . smart? And Spike, the weird alter ego.

She had brushed it under the rug under the guise of them just not having grown up in a stable environment to socialize properly with others. How stupid. There had always obviously been something else at play here.

All of the weird things started to make sense.

Like the beach visit. Adam slipped up and said they were on a mission for their father. And the 'secret chili recipe' he mentioned the other day. Or the lab he talked about when the boys were discussing a spot for band practice.

She wanted to believe that they were good -- on the right side of things, but she couldn't really tell with the information given to her. They went on missions -- were these bad missions or good missions? Who knew. Obviously, she couldn't rely on what she knew about them previously.

She just had to stay close, act like nothing was wrong, and find out more in the meantime.

 ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟐𝟒/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

ON Monday, she tried to act as normal as she could.

But that was far easier said than done.

She stood by her locker, waiting for Leo to turn up to school with his siblings. She would be more observant around them, trying to decipher her next best move.

"Morning, Ellie," Leo greeted.

"Hey, Leo," she responded, trying her best to sound normal.

Leo raised an eyebrow at her. She was leaning on her locker in a weird position, with her arm above her head. She also bore a smile that would have scared away a bareback gorilla.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked as he opened his locker, stuffing his books inside.

"Oh, I still feel a little out of it from the stun of the spy flies. That's all," she replied, trying to fix all of the things wrong Leo had noticed about her.

"Yeah, Adam and Chase said you looked really bad. What happened?" Leo asked.

"I just felt like I was gonna be sick," Ellie brushed it off, "Speaking of, where are Adam, Bree, and Chase?"