ϟ 16 ϟ

CONCERT IN A CAN

ϟ 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟐/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

"WH-WHO are you?"

"You wouldn't remember anyways," Ellie replied as she hit the man over the head with his own firearm that she had stolen just seconds ago. Her voice was modified, no longer her own.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" a woman spoke from her spot on the ground.

"Are you okay? Is anyone in here hurt?" she asked the woman.

"N-No, Ma'am," the woman replied, clearly shaking.

"You're safe now,"she spoke, dropping the gun that she had been holding. She wasn't particularly worried about these normos remembering her. Half of them had just been on their phones contacting loved ones. The other half would likely have their memories wiped.

Before anyone else could see her, a bolt of lightning shot out from the overhead light, hitting and engulfing her in less than a second.

In the safety of her own room, Ellie hit her watch in the correct sequence to take off her suit. She was almost ashamed to admit her excitement, but she nearly squealed when she had read the alert on her watch.

Her first bank robbery hostage situation.

It hadn't been difficult at all-- the entire mission took under five minutes. She got in, took all the guns before the robbers even knew what was happening, knocked them all out, and left.

Her watch suddenly beeped. Ellie checked her wrist to see what for.

Nice job. the screen displayed. The corners of her lips turned up seeing the message. She had been doing small things -- bank robberies, simple gang affairs, house fires, for example. She had yet to encounter any true supervillainy, but she had been helping regardless. And all the while, she had been getting closer to Adam, having the time of her life as she realized that maybe she might be close to a boyfriend.

It was safe to say that both sides of her -- Elena and Elara, were having a good time.

ϟ 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟗/𝟑/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

THAT was until she walked into school on Monday. Instantly, she felt her gut twist. Something was wrong. She didn't even hear the music playing, she was so focused on the danger.

She stalked farther into the building, going off of instinct alone to find the source of the trouble. She felt like puking when it led her right to Adam.

"What's going on?" she asked, warily, looking between Adam, Chase, and a kid she hadn't recognized.

"Oh, Marcus was just playing the guitar," Adam told her.

"Marcus. . . I've don't think I've seen you before. Are you new?"

Her stomach did a backflip when the kid's eyes met hers. And not in the good way. In the way that she felt she might literally throw up.

"Uh, yeah. I am," Marcus spoke.

"Hey, Peeps. What's the deal-io?" Leo asked as he approached. Under normal circumstances, Ellie might have made fun of him for his unusual language, but she was on high alert. This kid was just playing the guitar, so why did she sense danger around him?

Her stomach dropped as she realized something was probably wrong with her. She hadn't been used to all the superhero work and it was very likely affecting her.