ϟ 14 ϟ

AIR LEO

ϟ 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟖/𝟐𝟐/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

ELLIE walked into school Wednesday morning feeling tired, out of place, and incredibly full.

Taking Niche's advice meant eating a very full breakfast that morning, which she was definitely not used to doing.

"Ellie?" she heard a voice from her right.

She turned to see Chloe and Andy staring at her.

"Oh, hey guys!" She greeted with a smile.

"You got your summer bod, didn't you?" Andy asked, looking at her friend's physique.

"Oh, yeah. I guess. I'm trying to put the weight back on. I was working out all Summer, so I lost some," Ellie responded, feeling suddenly self-aware.

"Yeah. I can tell. Hello, glutes," Chloe joked.

Ellie laughed awkwardly, still feeling uncomfortable about the topic of choice. "So, what did you guys do all Summer?" she asked, deciding to change it.

"Oh, well I went on vacation to the Bahamas," Chloe said with a smile.

"And I stayed home for most of it, honestly. We went to the zoo a couple of times," Andy told the girls. "But it's not very fun when you have three brothers."

"Speaking of your brother," Gemma began as she walked up to the three. "I saw him this morning. What a dreamboat. I want your family's genetics."

"Woah, ew! He's a freshman," Andy chided, smacking Gemma.

"I'm a sophomore. It's not that bad. Ellie likes a junior!"

"When did this become about me?" Ellie asked, clearly lost.

"You know, you and your little boyfriend's age gap," Gemma teased.

"He is not my boyfriend," Ellie rolled her eyes.

"Not yet," Chloe sung softly.

"Oh! Let's compare schedules!" Andy suggested, seeing everyone else in the lobby doing the same.

The four each pulled papers from their book bags, producing them and showing the others.

Ellie had discovered that she didn't share any classes with Andy, but shared Physics with Gemma and Gym and English with Chloe.

"That kind of sucks," she sighed, lowering her hand holding her schedule. I barely have any classes with you guys.

"Yeah, says you. I'm a junior so I'm all alone," spoke Andy.

"Boo hoo," Gemma responded. "You're closer to leaving this hellhole than we are."

As Gemma and Andy fell back into their recent routine of bickering, Ellie spotted Leo with his siblings across the hall. Hurriedly, and without bidding goodbye to her other friends, she jogged over to him, throwing her arms around him from behind.

"AH!" Leo screamed, not expecting the embrace. Bree looked up at the cause to see Ellie and laughed.

"Leo, it's just Ellie," Chase told the frightened boy.

"What's the matter with you!" Leo scolded as he turned around and hugged Ellie back.

"It's not my fault you're scared of everything," Ellie laughed.

"I am not scared of everything," Leo defended.

"Yes you are; you got scared of my socks this morning," Adam said as he raised a brow at Leo.