ϟ 6 ϟ

DEATH SPIRAL SMACKDOWN

ϟ 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟎𝟒/𝟏𝟏/𝟏𝟐 ϟ

ELENA stood in gym class next to Andy, Gemma, and Chloe, waiting for Principal Perry's 'big announcement. In the middle of the gym was a large platform with a sheet covering it, making her confused as to the purpose of the announcement.

"Prepare yourselves, dingoes! It's time for my annual fitness challenge week," Perry began, "this year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups. It's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents!"

"Who hired her?" Chloe exclaimed, causing some students' heads to turn her way.

"I present the Death Spiral Smackdown!" Perry shouted, unveiling the sheet from the platform in the gym. Fog began to shoot out of the corners platform as it was revealed. It was painted with skulls and flame and a large circle in the middle of it with blue and red swirls stood very pronounced.

"She's crazy," Andy muttered, scratching above her eyebrow.

"Why do you call it the death spiral? I mean ... doesn't look so scary to me," Leo asked his principal.

Ellie and Leo hadn't talked since Saturday. According to her father, she was 'grounded until she had grandchildren', so she had no phone to contact him -- not that she wanted to. She was giving him time to come to her. As for the Davenport siblings, she wasn't sure she was able to forgive them for ruining his birthday quite yet.

"Why don't I have Vice Principal Cochran demonstrate for you?" Perry shouted as she grabbed the unsuspecting man by the sweater vest. She placed him on the platform, taking a remote out of her fanny pack and pressing a button.

Suddenly, the circle in the middle began to spin and poor Vice Principal Cochran was thrown onto his back. As he crawled on his hands and knees, trying not to fall off of the rapidly spinning circle, Perry began to speed the spinning up. Suddenly, the man flew off of the platform and towards the four girls.

Ellie let out a yelp, dodging the grown man as he fell into Andy. Her hand flew to her mouth as Andy landed on the floor, the vice principal laying on top of her.

The three remaining girls looked at each other for a second, unsure of how to proceed until Ellie went over, helping Mr. Cochran up. He put a hand to his knee in pain.

"It's not broken! Walk it off!" Perry shouted to him.

Mr. Cochran slowly walked out of the gym, limping as he walked. Andy sat up, a hand to her head.

"Why is it always me?" she complained as she slowly got up.

"Wait, so how does it work?" Adam asked for the group as he approached Principal Perry.

"You wrestle your opponent as it spins you silly. It'll test your strength, reflexes, and ability to hold your bladder against centrifugal force!" she cackled maniacally.

"Chloe, you're my partner," Gemma said instantly.

"Why Chloe?" Ellie asked curiously.

"Ouch," Chloe feigned hurt.

"You're the least athletic out of all of us," Andy explained.

"Because, I want to be out of this as soon as possible. I don't want to have to wrestle some big sweaty senior jock," Gemma scoffed.

"You know, that's fair," Andy replied

"Okay, Andy, looks like it's you and me," Ellie sighed.

"You're not partnering up with Leo?" Andy asked confused.