Chapter one

Rochelle's pov

In a few moments, I felt epic dancing around in my dorm room while singing at the top of my lungs to Shakira and Beyoncé's song called Beautiful Liar Avena and I were dancing having fun until we both heard a loud noise caused by someone else clapping in the room within seconds my redhead friend Avena turned down the music.

Therefore, I stopped dancing to make my way through the room to see Wyatt who tagged along with his friend Mason that leaned against the doorframe watching my every move very closely too.

"Oh no, don't stop on our watches, just carry on dancing and singing like we weren't here," he said to me.

Today, marked the beginning of the day when I had just gotten out of a very stressful and messy breakup. To say the least, I was supposed to be in a club celebrating the first anniversary of my independence not ready for dating yet but I was still focusing on my both degree and myself right now because honestly, I needed a break from boys.

In the meantime, I raised an eyebrow at him with my hands on my hips when I asked the rhetorical question "And who said that we have stopped what we're doing this because of you?"

And then he started chuckling at me which I didn't even know why he thought it was funny at all honestly. Nonetheless, I proceeded to pick up my lyrical notebook from my desk to continued writing a couple of verses for my next new song during writing the song I saw a tall dark shadow lurking over my notebook as I started silently humming the lyrics that I had written so far.

"No, I actually wasn't implying anything about that at all but I see you have started writing again."he said casually to me.

Gosh, it is hard to keep a secret from them as in our friends that we were secretly seeing each other and then never putting a label on it because other peoples like to pry on our business like vultures do because things can get messy especially when he agrees to be my inspiration to write loads of songs lyrics.

Let's just rewind to last summer!

Flashbacks

I sat down in my beanbag chair waiting for the world to immediately implode before I could ever write anything down on paper, ranking my successes and failures. As I had remembered that my slots for this music booth were filled by many people in a bar. Furthermore, I got off my dark blue bean bag and just realized that what if I was just a one-hit wonder since I have won my university talent show but somehow by the time I reached the car park to start the engine of my car, it wasn't working now.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked myself and the universe out loudly.

Waiting for the universe to answer my question about why it did do things like that to me when I felt someone who tapped my shoulder lightly which nearly frightened the soul out of my body until I turned around and saw him standing there next to his car.  In a span of time, I heard him chuckle at me probably thinking that I was a nuthead not to mention, that he was probably the only one who found my pain even remotely funny right now.

"Rochelle, why are you talking to yourself and if you need a ride just say so."he offered me a ride.

"I struggled with getting my car to work and life sucks right now," I said frustratingly to him with my car.

At least, he didn't see me in the driver's seat of my car honking the steering wheel so many times when I was procrastinating to get to work as I was about to start walking to work, which was two hours away from here or how else was I supposed to pay for my studies books and the other necessaries that I needed to have due to the rise of expenditures that the economy was facing I couldn't live off my parent's money alone.

Externally, I might look fine towards human eyes but internally, I was a hot spectacle that I could only feel and I had no choice except to enter his car. Then I began to look around to see if anyone was around although I decided not to care anymore because I looked completely amazing right now.

We went to Armani's pub when we got there. I didn't have time to answer his questions about my job and I told him to keep this as our little secret.

End of flashback

"I know that but I feel like I might throw up again," I told him in confidence.

Tomorrow night was all I could think about how I would show up on the stage to sing in front of an enormous live audience the anticipation of my nerves was making it hard to breathe.

Additionally, I peered up through my eyelashes to gave him a small thankful smile for being there for me as i decided to covered a song that had made me realized what a fool I made out of myself as memories resurfaced back of my mind because my ex-boyfriend Tristan Heights emotional hurt me when he told me those lies about how i was the one for him but if that was even remotely true.

He wouldn't have cheated on me or tried gaslighting me as it turned out the girl my ex had cheated on me with was talking to her on the day of the university talent show/ art exhibition.

A heartache ballad called Flower by Lauren Spencer Smith would be the last time i would ever sing any songs that were related love, currently, i started thinking it was time to burned all of those old bridges down also, i don't blame the girl since she didn't know any better and trust me it literally took me a month to finally convinced my friends not to get revenge on him although, i was tired of trying to justifying his mistakes too.

Mason looked worried at me and then he said "take a deep breath, i would be there every single step of the way with you."

Restoring my confidence after a couple of month ago was really hard instead of hugging him, i gave him a awkward high-five slowly inhaled and then exhaled knowing i rather stared at the sun than look in the type of mirror girl while we all decided to walked to the carpark to take his truck including Holden's car drove us there. However, I did notice that Wyatt and Avena were singing a Taylor Swift song together as I continued to write a couple of words about this amazing group right now. I smiled slightly and pushed up my huge black rims glasses on my nose when Mason started drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, Charlie facetime Jessasnym who continued to join them having our own little jamming sessions a couple of seconds I took a moment to appreciate my friends around as we exit the cars at the same time to the bar.

One hour later, it was a bit of last minute change of songs since one duet group partner couldn't make it due to a sore throat caused by a fever cold so I had to perform twice as I stood on the stage when the hyped announcer tried to psych up the crowd that began to introduce me. I remembered the technique that he taught me to take a deep breath as well as always looking at my friends who were constantly cheering me on now I sang the intro of Lovely by Bililes Elish and Khaild at this moment forgot about my nerves during this my eyes opened again; I felt a small tear rolled down my eyes nonetheless, my emotions didn't stop me from continuing to my performance despite the bittersweet moment spotting my ex-boyfriend Trisan in the crowds.

What was he doing here? I thought to myself.

"Don't let your ex-boyfriend ruin your spotlight." advised the person called Drayton who i was dueting with.

I nodded and agreed with Drayton Carter " I promise I won't let Tristan distract me."

Afterwards, I got back on the stage to return to the crowds of people who seemed to love hearing my voice and I changed my last song by the last minute to sing Lose You to Love Me by Selena Gomez a piano version of the song wanted to let myself know that self-love was one the most important gift in the world to realize how truly incredible person I was to learn to received self-care until it got to the end of the last verse everyone else was screaming and cheering my name out loud that made me feel like I was on the top of the world with a rush of adrenaline and an added dash of self-empowerment to the mix.

Lastly, this was the only rare moment that he would ever see me like this. I wanted to feel fearless and get something more better than revenge in order to feel again so it goes without saying I wanted to make a bucket list of all the things that I haven't done yet to feel alive in every single moment of my life.