Chapter Twelve

Mason's pov

Two o'clock in the morning, I was sketching a shooting star on my notepad as I decided to go to pick a songbird design for a while now and then I chose to do the songbird to make a personalized necklace for her as I listened to a girl on a YouTube channel on how to make my own one even though going to the jewellers would be much easier than staying awake but she was so worth it.

Tomorrow night was my race with her ex-boyfriend Tristan and I wasn't worried about it of course since I was the undefeated champion also Madox was the nickname that I go by whenever I street races my competitors some were doesn't play dirty as the rest does yet I wasn't willing to put her happiness on a stake just to win a competition heck I would rather better on money than lose. However, I know that he had more advantage over me as my schedules were starting to over complicated itself more each days. Therefore, i woke up early on the weekends to fix more time into my timetable when i began to think my phone rang out loud to someone calling me so I assumed that it was Rochelle whilst I smiled happily to myself and then i picked it up to put closer to my ear.

"Hello, I'm so glad that you called me."I smiled as I waited for her to speak.

As soon as I heard that familiar chuckle come from the other line of the phone, my expectations were once being crushed by Wyatt mocking me. At least I wasn't afraid to admit my feelings to the girl who i like unlike him, running away from his feelings towards a certain red hair girl, his best friend Avenna. It was like the whole student populations in our university could except for the both of them for some reason, the whole legendary eight could see it coming from a mile away although, the only reason why we named our friendship group legendary was that either going to rocky mountains, Mapes or something else which would be pretty longer than those options, anyways. I listened to what he said over the phone after I had stopped running in front of a park then, i entered the park spotting a little boy who i happened to recognise from one of my buddies hockey skating lesson classes that traveled me right in time to my past.

My life used to be overshadowed by my past as for whatever reason i feel obliged to overworked myself nonetheless,  from one glanced or looked at a person you can't tell what they were going through unless they explained it to get the full picture yet only those who had lived from it had truly understand and felt like they had been in those shoes. This was like looking into the mirror except for, you can see the past in the reflection of your present self, watching in anticipation to see what was going to happen next in the future.

"Aww, I miss you too bro. But  who did you think was calling you?" asked Wyatt, teasing me.

I tried to suppress my laughter whilst I rolled my eyes at Wyatt's antics knowing that we both had nothing to do at this moment since I took a sip of water moving my phone away from me as I poured a little bit of water on my head to help me cool down in this hot weather in regards to all of the girls who stopped walking by when they saw me. I just kept on ignoring their hawking eyes, which made me realize that I should have worn a black muscle tee today Instead of a white one and eventually, those girls left the park.

"None of your business! And please tell me that you are calling me for something important because if it's not-"

Silently, I was waiting for him to overshare anything that happened to him or what his thoughts were. In addition to this, he was the most extroverted person who was in the same hockey team as me and I must say that he was one of the funniest people I have ever known even if I sometimes pretend to laugh at his jokes.

He interrupts me from speaking by clearing his throat as he said "Oh, come on. I tell you everything but it is  because your business is my business. You know what Mi Casa es Tu Casa is."