Chapter Twenty

Rochelle's pov

We weren't monsters of our own past destruction but ....we were just children who deserve to be loved and appreciated by everyone else.

Children who once painted this tainted world full of colors, laughter, and memories and wanted to live out in our dream until the world turned too dark with grey shades in the sky no more sunrise hiding the clouds. Furthermore, my heart couldn't even bear to see him like this as we got to his mom's house. He started breathing uncontrollably when I placed my hand in his chest. It was racing before going into the house. I cannot let his family see him like this. Breaking and falling into pieces so i took matters into my own hands by trying to comfort him and we did share a little growth together.

"Breathe in and out. Let whatever is holding you back at this moment go and talk to me." I gently instructed him. "Remember what you told me before I went on stage at one of my performances?" I asked him, hoping it would slightly ease his pain and we can support his family who are going through such a tough time.

For moments he looked at me with those eyes dark brown eyes like he wanted me instead needed me as his eyes kept staring into my soul and then when I tried to remove my hand away from him to put on a sad song playlist but then he stopped me from moving with his hand accidentally brushing against my thigh whilst he held my hand in his. It made me feel so alive during every single minute I had felt electrifying electricity bolts flying around despite this not being the right time to kiss him. Right now, I see my strong boyfriend Mase, who was trying to do this best by his family although, the rain seems to start off lightly also in the back of my mind, i knew that i was current still silently battling his inner thoughts in the back of his mind was hectic hurricane swirling out of control as the silent get worse louder which means something was seriously troubling him too.

He brought his hands up and began to caress my face softly "You're way too good for a small town boy like. And here I am continuing dragging you with me through the shattered fragment pieces of my life." he breathed out and says "you're like an angel who is beautifully good for this world." His smile slightly breaks as he looked down at our now intertwined hands when he kissed my hand before he moved an inch away from me getting ready to exit his car to then open the other side for me to follow him out. Our hands clasped around each other next, we headed towards his mum house within each knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer it even as heartbreakingly it was to see him falling apart on the inside yet he reminds his usual calm self in front of his younger brother Brayden or Aiden because they were identical twin you know what, i will alway be there for him and his family no matter what.

A fifteen year old blonde hair boy opened the door who was wearing glasses looking slightly too deep into thought until he noticed us standing here his smile almost a little when he looked over at Mason and then he invited us into the house as we walked mase done a bro-shake to him afterward, they hugged one another which was a heartfelt moment for them so i didn't want to intrude on their family time however, i found myself wandering off into the living room picking up a book from the bookshelf as i continued to turned the front cover i saw a old family picture of his family smiling all happily at the camera they were all wearing matching christmas jumpers. Therefore, I decided that I must have more than one look at more of those pictures seeing his old baby photos and other more fun memories in those past events. I saw a shadow lurking over me as I decided to look up. It was his mum standing there with a polite smile that didn't quite seem to reach her eyes because she looked a little bit broken and exhausted too.

"If only my boys could stay happy without all this hurt and miserable grief in the world. Sometimes I even blame myself for all the nonsense that they have to bear through for turning a blind eye to my ex-husband." said Ms Abrams, his mum.