Chapter Thirteen

Rochelle's pov

Firstly, I love car races so I decided to invite my cousin Vivian to come to the racetrack with me and my friends for fun as I just remembered that I had to tell her about who was racing against each other to make sure that she didn't root against the wrong player because my ex-boyfriend Tristan and my secret boyfriend Mason were competing against each other today over me. I don't want him to lose or get hurt by my ex boyfriend can get really competitive to win something that he wants. For instance, he could cheat such as sabotage Mase's car or plant a dangerous thing in there.

Furthermore, to say I wasn't freaking out or worried would be the understatement of the century whilst I was still stuck in my deepest thoughts about the race when I started to hear footsteps from the floorboard making it way more close to my shared room. There was only one person who I wanted to talk to but he wasn't there so I turned around to talk to my cousin Vivan and my closest friend Jessa who seemed somewhat concerned about me due to me pacing the bedroom floor in an anxious state right now.

"Why does he have to make everything so complicated for me?" I asked Vivian tiredly.

Asher stood next to Jessamyn, Avenna alongside my cousin Vivian who all didn't know what to say to stop me from pacing across the room until Jessamyn told her boyfriend to ring him on the phone to stop me from worrying about how the race would finish off, to be honest, I couldn't help but to assumed that all of this was my fault because my ex Tristan knight and my secret boyfriend were both racings each other for the prize of the winning get to have me. I found this thrift racing-to-death thing a little vastly different compared to the ones in the movies. If you asked me I wanted today to go by quickly to avoid any repercussions from the racetracks.

I heard a knock on the door as Asher walked to open it and when I saw the reinforcement as the rest of the hockey team boys except the only one person who I wanted to talk to aka Mase as well as Grayson who leads here with us, Wyatt, Fletcher and Dean walking into the room it was not too long that the rest of my friends entered the room following behind them to reassured me that everything was going to alright as i saw Mitty feet padded across the floor headed to me. I instantly smiled remembering how he claimed that he hated cats but yet our kitty Mitten ended up warming his heart to her although, i don't think i was more an coincidence that Mitten appeared on the ice rink knowing that there was an animals abandon shelter forty five minutes aways from here which i used to work at so i visited her mother Snowball last year anyway, i was planning to rescue her when i earned enough money somehow she turned out to give birth to her kittens then one of them ended up escaping from one of the new workers who forget to lock up the door safely. Presently, we were parents to one of the kitten our Mitty it was the best thing ever.

"Rosie, I know that you cared about Mason but I'm ninety nine percent sure that will win this race."Vivan paused to gesture for me to take a deep breath as she instructed me and then she continued to whisper the last part" oh my gosh! Are you falling for him?" she asked curiously.

Truthfully speaking i don't know if he was falling for him or not since i had known him for two years even compared to all of the things that other people spread about him with those rumors he seemed like a more than decent guy to me as she walked me out of the room since the race was going to start in an hour, and a half we thought that we should take a rented car just the two of us when i saw him standing out in the hallway leaning against a door trying to let the security of the girls campus dorm room housing to let him in. The next thing that i thought about there was only one way to know for sure it was looking at his face remembering all of his good qualities and then i was a long goner because i was already catching feeling for him nonetheless, i couldn't help myself like was i actually daydreaming that he was here or was it really real for him to be here when he was supposed to be preparing for his race.