Chapter Four

Mason's POV

To the world she was unseen by many but to me she was an unstoppable force of nature, gorgeously beautiful, smart and very strong girl.

A rare jewel that was shined in the mists of the world darkness also I was glad that only I was capable of noticing her even when she hadn't been living the life I wanted her to live however she glowed nowadays like the stars in the night sky sometimes I often wonder how can a girl like her ever exist.

And then I thought to myself as I talked to stars and moon about Rochelle Steven. My rising star asked if she could be the one who made my heart beat faster than a minute after anytime she had texted me about anything else.

Meanwhile, I came into the ice-rink arena at night to get more practice in when I saw a kitten looking a little lost on the ice walking straight towards me as I picked it up walked passed the arena heading to the changing rooms next, then I went to my car to drive back to the hockey house knocked on the door to see Wyatt open the front door.

"Dude, whose kitten is that?"asked a confused Wyatt.

Exhale slowly as I walked into the kitchen opening up a tin of tuna for the kitten to eat since we didn't have any cats food here to feed him so I set the kitten down on the floor to eat it food and then I decided to take my phone out of my pocket to text her about a kitten that I had found because I know she loves animals.

Me: Hey, guess who I found on the ice in the middle of the night?

Rising star: a hockey puck or maybe money on the floor?

Me: nah, but I found this little guy here. Insert picture here of a kitten.

Rising star: aww, what's that little cutie doing on the ice in the rink? I wish that I could cuddle him!

At this moment I knew that I would regret showing her a picture of this kitten who seems to have no collar or name as it seems that she loves the kitten more than me and I frowned at my phone before I turned to face Wyatt and Asher leaning on the kitchen table to answer Wyatt questions about why did I come back here with a kitten. In the meantime, I was a grown man sitting with a kitten who had tattooed sleeve arms, not me envying this kitten already.

What does this kitten have that I don't?

"I found it in the rink looking a little lost," I answered Wyatt.

I knew her for more than a year ago but none of us made a move to get to know each other more than friends as I picked up the kitten that I found taken it to my room whilst Fletcher and Wyatt keep asking me if they could name it after our team name or something like that knowing that whoever lost this kitten was going to want him back when they see their kitten although if no one shows up then I will give this kitten to Rochelle.

Rising star: please don't tell me that you are jealous of a kitten? By the way, I think I'm destined for loneliness which makes me an unlovable person.

She was destined for far more things in life than she thinks she was. She wasn't an unlovable person in fact she was the most lovable person I could think about every single day it actually kills me how she thinks no one loves her nonetheless, she needs someone who doesn't drink whiskey or smoke as their lives depend on it due to the fact that my parents were separated from each other as well as being in a toxic household I often go through my buddy Asher window when I was younger than my age now.

Me: if you want you can keep the kitten if no one wants it? People often look to the stars but I looked at you....

"Don't tell me that you're ah... Jealous of a kitten?"Grayson laughed at me.

Quickly, I shut my bedroom door in hopes of them getting the message to leave me alone and that I would never be jealous of a kitten who wouldn't sleep in a cardboard box. I made it but kept on softly purring to join me on my bed to sleep at first I didn't want to share a bed with it until its pretty big Doe eyes got my heart right where it wanted to.

This stray might destroy my reputation except for one thing though I know how it feels to be the unwanted son so now I was relating to a kitten.

"I'm going to sleep now, bye"I whispered- yelled at Grayson.

At least the stray finally stopped purring at me.