Chapter 4 | Fast Feelings For a Certain Someone

"Boarding school wasn't all the bad, I mean it's what you'd expect," Matt says and shrugs

Yes, I'm calling him Matt, because Matthew is a horrible name for the living but a neat name in the obituary, his words not mine.

Honestly, I'm here for it. Matthew was starting to become a mouthful.

The drive started with an awkward silence but we soon got to talking after I'd asked him how our paths never crossed before when I knew his mother all along. I learned that Matt was a student at a boarding school in New Hampshire through middle school and most of high school but he decided that he wanted to finish schooling here.

That's all I know about him.

I mean it's a start... Right?

But I'll tell you this, the guy seldom talks but when he does, he graces me with a sexy deep voice which only prompts me to live up to my natural "never-shutting-shup" tendencies.

I've got to cool it.

I mean, Matthew is a very unique person with god-like looks. Any girl would be attracted to him and I'm no different but his shyness and ability to be polite also draws me in.

In other words, he's just a cutie.

I've never been in a relationship before because it's too much work and I am almost always forced to do smutty things with an excuse of a boyfriend, much to my chagrin.

I am the kinda person who doesn't believe in one-night stands or casual flings because that's just not how I operate. My view on a relationship is that when you are putting in the time and effort to work on something as beautiful as love, why do we have to reduce it to something as concrete as just one-time sex? Many people don't agree with me but I always search for commitment before I step foot into any relationship.

Otherwise, it's just a grand waste of time. In my opinion.

That's one explanation for my lack of experience in the dating arena but the other is just that I can never get my crushes to like me back?

I wonder if Matt is a person who likes commitment...(See what I did there?)

What? I'm just curious.

I ask Matt to drop me off at Sam's house cause no way in hell am I going to be dropped off by a boy when my old man could step out any minute.

I am mentally bracing myself for the shit load of questions my best friends are gonna ask me when I turn up much earlier than the norm of a "date" night.

Anne will be there and the girls will be doing their homework so I think I should get my homework done as well.

Yeah that's a good plan.

We round the corner of Sam's street and I notice Matt's eyes widen when they land on Sam's house.

"Woah... is this where you live?" Matt asks sounding like a twelve-year-old boy in awe.