Chapter 25(Part 3) | Getting Closer

TW: This chapter will contain mentions of anti-depressant overdose, drink spiking, blackmail and bullying(It is NOT too detailed). Please bear this in mind before you proceed.

Thank you! 

"I'm going to answer your question Matt

"I'm going to answer your question Matt...But—Can you at least try to not avoid me after I tell you this?," Sasha asks nervously and I'm super confused.

Why would I avoid her?

She's making it sound like she's committed a crime but Sasha won't do that.

But even then, is it weird that I'm not too bothered by that thought? I feel like I know Sasha enough to make a very reasonable assumption that she would have only done something legally wrong if it was for the sake of the people closest to her.

What the hell am I thinking?

I look down at our interconnected hands and rub comforting circles with my thumb on the backside of her smooth hand.

I'm not even going to get into the continuous waves of electricity that pass from the touch to my brain...

"You must've told Anne and Sam about this and they're still your best friends. They didn't avoid you, why would I?

I look up and I see her already looking at me with a wry smile on her face. "They don't know half the things I'm about to tell you, Matt..."

I try not to show how special I feel that she's entrusting, something that must be important to her, with me.

I nod my head and wait patiently for her to continue.

"I—", she sighs deeply and bites her lower lip a little, "It started hmm, nine years ago. My mom died when I was eight." She stops and sticks her tongue in her right cheek.

I'm confused when Sasha says this, she's often mentioned a person named Georgina and I assumed that it would be her mom.

"I thought Georgina—"

"She works as a uhmm, house helper basically but don't get me wrong she's the closest to the mother I have. She treats me like her daughter and I try to treat her like I would a mom." She says and I nod in understanding with a fond smile.

"Georgina started working for my parents when I was four. So I have known her for as long as I can remember. She's one of the best people I have in my life."

"So...When my mom died, that's when the whole 'bullying' thing that you heard from the girls, started."

I furrow my brows in confusion and I'm feeling an ugly emotion that I can't quite decipher...It's more like anger? but for the people who inflicted harm on Sasha.

She looks at my face and begins, " It wasn't a natural death. Not a heart attack or some kind of fatal terminal illness. She died from a lethal overdose of antidepressants.", I can see she's trying her best not to cry but few small drops of tears roll down her cheeks.