Chapter 17 | The new couple & The neglected team

"Is it just me or are the two being way too touchy-feely?" Anne whispers in my ear and I just nod, our eyes still on the sight before us

"Do you think Sam's hiding something from us?" I ask and Anne mutters "Yeah" in agreement.

I can already hear the gears turning in Anne's head. She's probably thinking of a hundred different ways to confront Sam.

We immediately spot Sam leaving Nathan after their god-knows-what conversation and I begin to worry that Anne might get a little too carried away while conducting her little "confrontation".

"Don't be too dramatic Anne. It's not our business, just be subtle about asking her"

"Oh I'm going to be super subtle"

Sam stands before us with a slightly amused but mostly confused face.

"You guys okay?"

"We're fine, what makes you think that we might not be okay?" I ask, nervously if I might add.

"Okay...I just thought something was wrong judging by the fact that Anne looks like she could spit fire right now and you look a little constipated?"

I look at Anne and sure enough, she looks like she could breathe hell-fire right this instant.

I probably look... Constipated.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

"Maybe you have something to tell us," Anne says and Sam's face becomes slightly pale but remains impassive.

"What?" She asks

"I don't know...Something involving you...and Nathan"

Way to be subtle Anne.

"Whaaaat? Nothing is going on between us. We're just good friends why would you assume we're dating? Come on...We're just friends." Sam says pretty convincingly

I look at Anne with wide eyes but she just looks relieved, seemingly convinced at Sam's answer.

Anne can be pretty thick sometimes.

"She didn't say anything about dating," I say and look at Sam, whose eyes widen.

"Oh," Anne says as realization finally dawns upon her.

"I just assumed that y-y-you assumed that we W-were d-dating" Sam says and I mentally congratulate myself for cracking her shell.

Hah.

"Oh cut the crap, spill it already," Anne says and Sam just sighs.

"Yeah, we're dating."

Anne and I open our mouths to say something but close it almost immediately. We look like fishes now.

"Say something," Sam says looking at the two of us with nervousness.

"How long has this been going on?"