Chapter 13 | Hangover & The bully returns

"Shut the damn curtains" Sam hisses as she blocks her eyes from the harsh sunlight

After reaching Anne's house yesterday at 1:15 am, I wanted to do nothing more than sleep.

All of us stayed in our outfits, with our makeup on, and just plopped in some corner of the house.

It's the next day and my eyes shoot open when I hear my phone alarm ringing like crazy

Looking at the time

7:30 a.m

Fuck.

Now this would have been completely alright with me if I was traveling alone but after our carpooling arrangement, I had to get ready at least 20 minutes before to accommodate stops.

Thankfully I won't have to make many stops at different houses cause the guys spent the night at Jacob's.

That sounded a lot dirtier than what I had intended.

Anyways...

I jump up from the armchair, plug my phone in the charger, run around the room, and attempt to wake up Anne and Sam.

I grab three granola bars and pack an extra one in each of our bags, in case we get hungry later.

"Wake up, we're late!!!" I shout as I jump over the couch and scan through Anne's closet to find our clothes.

Since Sam and I spend a fair amount of time in Anne's apartment, we have one or two pairs of our clothes in Anne's closet so usually we wear that in such circumstances.

Sam can adjust into Anne's clothes because of their pretty similar body structure but I can never do that because of my slightly broad shoulders and my height.

All of her clothes are much shorter on me.

I throw some hoodies and jeans in their direction as they start waking up.

"Can we just skip today?" Anne asks as she rubs her eyes.

"I can't, I have to go over to that stupid club meeting", Sam grumbles, referring to her astronomy club in school.

"Next time remind me to never get drunk, it's not worth it" Anne groans and massages her temples.

I just smirk at her, head over to the bathroom, and begin brushing my teeth while running the shower.

"Sasha, Phone!" Sam shouts from the kitchen.

"Who is it?" I ask as I lather the soap on my body

"Jacob"

"Answer it"

I finished showering, wrapped a towel around my body, took my clothes, and bolted to the living room. I see Anne talking to Jacob, through my phone.

"I'm fine Jacob—Y-yes—I kn—God, would you stop overreacting?—Yeah—Well I'm sorry I made you worr—No—What?—I have to come to school—I'm fine—Stop worr—Big deal...—I'm hungover for god's sake—Could you please lower your voice— Yeah, you guys coming?—Okay, yeah?—No—We'll be there in fifteen—Okay—Yeah...okay, Sorry—I'll make sure—Fine!" She huffs and ends the call.