Chapter 7(Part 2)| New School,New Beginnings(Matthew's POV)

~~~~~~Still back in time!~~~~~~

"After you", I say and open the passenger door for Sasha to enter

"Looks like chivalry is not dead," she says and gives me a sexy smile as she gets into the car.

I just smile back and try not to show the effect that she very clearly has on me. I close the door run to the driver's seat and turn on the ignition.

"Where to?" I ask and she gives me directions to a house.

We sit in silence but I take every opportunity to glance at her when she looks out the window.

She looked so peaceful and happy that it confused me. Wasn't she just on a date with someone else who insulted her? Her smiling face puts a smile on my face and I can't help but feel that her presence is making me a different person altogether. I am smiling more, laughing more and all of this within a couple of hours.

"So Matthew, uhm... How is it that we've not met before? I mean I know your mom well and she's so super sweet but how is it that I've not seen you before?" She asks.

I smile when she calls my mother a sweet person. It's so nice to hear someone else feel the same way I do about my mother.

"Oh. I was in a boarding school for a long time,uhm..in New Hampshire. So that's probably why. I studied there for a long time but now I want to be here with my mom and finish school here." I say and shrug.

"Also you can call me Matt... Matthew seems like such a grandpa name. It looks like a nice name when you see it in an obituary... You know? I'd prefer Matt...It sounds a little cooler" I continue.

She nods her head and I can see that she's trying her best not to laugh.

She can laugh...I would love to hear it.

"That's pretty cool," she says but I don't miss the smile that tugs on her small lips.

"How was boarding school? I always wanted to know. Is it really strict?" she asks with a little hesitation.

"Boarding school wasn't all the bad, I mean it's what you'd expect...Discipline and all that." I say and shrug.

It was quite fun and I made some great friends. I met my first and last girlfriend there. She was really cool until she realized that I was just a poor bloke who couldn't afford to take her dress shopping and fancy dates every day.

The thoughts of Paige bring some terrible memories and the breakup was extremely messy and painful but it's been a little over 4 months and I'm trying my best to get over her. But she had no problem, she got over me so quickly that it made me question if she loved me in the first place.

The rest of the ride was extremely silent and I didn't talk much because I was too busy thinking about Paige, when there was a much more wonderful person sitting right next to me. I should let her go.