Chapter 5 | Too soon to like?

"Hey, how was the date?", Kelly asks even before I could enter the Cafeteria

"Oh... It was alright" I say and shrug.

"Alright? Just Alright? You did go out with The Nathaniel Meyers right?" she asks as she eyes me like have a second head.

"The"? Dramatic much?

"Well, I am not interested in him romantically but if he's up for it, I don't mind being his friend," I say sweetly but I clutch the straps of my bag so tightly that I'm pretty sure that my knuckles are turning white.

What's with these people and their obsession with Nathan?

"Oh... Okay, bye!" She says and walks off.

Okayyyyy...

I just shake my head and make my way to our table. I brighten up almost immediately when I see the familiar dark brown curls.

He came.

I smile so much that my mouth hurts and my eyes are pinned on Matt that I almost forget about Anne and Sam.

"Hi," Matt says and removes his bag from the seat adjacent to his. I give a shy smile, mumble a "thank you" and sit beside him. I am still smiling and probably blushing until the girls look at me with open mouths and wide eyes.

He looks so freaking handsome in that black shirt.

"It's about time you came, Matthew here was getting bored," Anne says and smirks at me evilly.

"I wasn't getting bored... Come on" Matt says while chuckling awkwardly.

I give Anne a death glare but she continues to smirk at me.

I was thinking of ways to get back at Anne and as though the universe was answering my prayers, Jacob walked in while spinning the basketball like a pro. I look at Jacob and back at Anne and my frown turns upside down cause I know exactly what to do.

"Jacob!! Jacob!! Over here.." I shout, earning glares from the rest of the cafeteria.

"What the hell Sasha? Don't call him here.." Anne pleads to me but I don't reply.

Jacob looks over at our table and his resting bitch face soon turns into a cute smile when his eyes land on Anne.

It really was a cute scene.

He jogs over to our table, leaving the rest of his posse, and stands before us.

"Hi muffin", Jacob teases me which earns him a scowl.

Jacob and I are really good friends. We used to be neighbours for a while until he shifted houses but that did nothing to dampen our friendship. For the longest time, people thought we were twins cause we had some familiar features like our blue eyes, hair colour, skin tone and the fact that we were always together at a point. So we just went with the flow.