Chapter 19 | The Model Ex & Insecurities

A/N: This chapter has multiple shifts in POV's, so please do notice who's POV you're reading before you, ya know, get the wrong picture 😅😅

Hugging Sasha has become my new obsession.

I'm not even kidding.

But I'm worried that it's going to be a rarity.

I mean how many times have I got to deal with that jackass in order for me to get a hug?

I wanted to do a lot more than just talk with Ryan. A punch or two would have been a wonderful way to show that he can't go around talking about a girl I really like that way.

But I knew that a reaction was what he was expecting.

Monsters like him, I've learned after being the scapegoat countless times, eat up any kind of reaction from the person they inflict harm on. They get gratification by seeing the reaction that their target may show.

And she knew that, just like did.

So she did nothing. She just listened to him talk about her in such a demeaning manner so that he wouldn't get the sickening satisfaction that psychopaths like him usually get.

Today I learnt how much of a strong person she is.

I don't think I've ever or will ever be as mentally prepared or strong as she is. Her ability to look two steps before the next person baffles me tremendously.

But she didn't deserve to hear a word that came out of the asshole's mouth.

Not even a little.

Is it weird that I like watching The Office with my 10-year-old sister who probably has no clue about, uhm, the various walks of life?

I'm pretty sure that a 10-year-old cannot possibly have a coherent idea about the workings of a company or, you know, sex.

God I feel like a horrible brother for showing a little girl an incredibly funny series but come on, she's not gonna understand half of it...

I mean even I didn't understand half of the "That's what she said" jokes and I was 15...