Chapter 25(Part 1) | Getting Closer

I keep typing and re-typing a simple "How are you?" message

Talk about pathetic.

"Who are you typing to for so long? Do you even have that many friends?", Maggie who's eating some chips and snuggling next to Mom, catches me off guard by interrupting my typing mission.

I roll my eyes and pocket my phone not wanting to engage in any conversation with her.

"Well?", my mom looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"What?"

"Answer her.", she says as though it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"It's nothing", I shrug and continue to type out my essay homework on my laptop.

Maggie and my mom mutter a sarcastic "okay" and get back to watching, I think, Hotel Transylvania.

After thirty minutes of typing out a sub-par essay, I decide to excuse myself to do...some other things.

"I'm gonna go downstairs.", I announce and I'm already up from the ground.

"Oh come on Matt, you're always running around, you hardly have time for me anymore. Watch a movie with me.", Maggie says and bats her eyelashes.

That little—

"Matt, It's not like you're gonna do anything important. Spend time with Maggie sweetheart.", my mom says, obviously falling for Maggie's, "I'm so lonely" act.

Hell, I've lived with that girl long enough to know she hates it when I watch something with her.

I can't blame her though, I have the annoying habit of commenting throughout any movie or show.

But I know the real reason why she wants to spend time with me.

Ever since she became convinced that I have a "secret girlfriend", she's been pestering me non-stop to tell her who it is. To give her credit, most of her guesses are; "the girl who drives you to school".

"Are you sure Maggie?", I ask through gritted teeth and her pout only becomes more.

"Of course. I would love to watch a movie with you." She says and I huff.

"See? Go on now. I'll call you down when it's time for lunch.", my mom says and goes out of the room.

To my utter surprise, Maggie plops down on her bed and continues scrolling through Netflix to find something to watch.

"What do you want to watch?", she asks her eyes not moving from the screen.

Two things are very wrong with this whole situation. One, she's not asking me about Sasha, and two, she's asking my opinion to pick out a movie.

I don't answer her and so she looks up with a "Are you gonna tell me or what?" look.

"Aren't you going to—Never mind", I begin but change my mind and move to my bed and fall on it.