Chapter 27

ZEKE

The next hour went by quickly; I had a shower and food delivered to my room. I didn't want to see anyone.

After I was done, I headed toward the office to meet everyone.

Mac settled in my head now, but he stayed close by. He wanted to know everything my father and grandfather had to say, especially about the witch we saw.

We walked into the office. Once we knocked and stepped inside, my grandfather and father sat on the couch, looking at me.

"Zeke," my grandfather said with a smile. "Sit."

I said nothing and did as he asked. He may not be alpha no more, but the man was still tougher than most people I knew, and he still had a mean streak in him, too.

Sitting opposite them, my father cleared his throat and stared at me. "Zeke," he said. "You know the tale of the witches, the one of this pack. When you were younger, I told you and Zac that it was all to do with power."

I gave him a nod, knowing exactly what he used to tell us.

Zac and I used to sit on my brother's bed since we used to share when we were younger, and our father would tell us all the tales from our family's legacy, with the witches being the primary source.

"Well, what I never mentioned was a tale of a witch who can be more powerful than life itself," he said, which made me stare at him.

Mac moved closer to appear out through my eyes. He shared the same intrigue as I did.

Was the witch he was talking about the one we saw earlier?

"You might guess if that witch you saw today was the one I am on about," he said.

"But she is not," my grandfather said, cutting my father off before he could even finish. "There was one like her many years ago. She was the most amazing and powerful witch I had ever met."

My grandfather looked at me and sighed.

"I met her at your age," he said, moving his head to the side and keeping his eyes on me. "She was magnificent. Her power was out of this world and even more powerful than what we usually see. The witch I knew went by Amara, and she once lived with the coven in question."

I stayed still, taking in his words while he spoke.

"Her power shocked everyone there," he said grimly. "But there was one witch who hated her. Amara became the queen of saving everyone, and everyone liked her. The witch who didn't like her hated what Amara could do and more."

"Why are you telling me—" I said, wondering why he was speaking about this and not about the girl I

saw.

"I will get to that soon," he said. "The witch who hated Amara got more into the dark stuff and cast spells on people to do her bidding."

My grandfather moved up and stared at me. "She started causing more problems for our kind," he said, keeping his eyes on me. "She knew Amara and I were friends. So, she made trouble for us with other packs and other people. My father was furious, but he blamed Amara instead of listening to reason. It was all lies, but my father was a hard nut regarding magic. He still didn't get over what happened before when he was a child."

My grandfather sighed. "He had problems with another coven before he made us move here," he said, sensing something in his voice. "It caused more problems, and my father told us there would never be any witches. But when he met the coven's leaders, they promised they were nothing like the one he had encountered before. They were more forest-based and didn't believe in dark magic."