Official

Sunset's POV:

As we were standing by the notice board, the Rainbooms and I saw Twilight and Flash giggling together, which caught us off guard. We were all puzzled and confused when we saw Flash kissing Twilight on the lips. Rainbow, in disbelief, asked us "Am I seeing things, or did Flash actually kiss Twilight? On the lips?" 

Pinkie, who was ecstatic to see her favorite couple together, screamed out, "Our ship has sailed!" and added, "I have to start planning their engagement party immediately, like, right now!!" 

Applejack, being the reasonable one, suggested that Pinkie should check with the couple first before making any plans. "Hold your horses, Pinkie. We should ask them first," she said. 

But Pinkie, being eager to know more, dragged us towards the couple as she said, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go ask them!" 

As we approached the couple, Rarity exclaimed, "Darling! Why didn't you tell us you guys are official now?" Twilight's cheeks turned crimson as she replied, "Rarity, believe me, this," as she gestured towards herself and Flash. "Only happened yesterday. Even I can't believe it's true."

Twilight flashed a sad smile and continued, "Even though it's only for a short while, I'm still grateful to be able to spend my time here with Flash." she said, reaching for Flash's hand. Her statement piqued my curiosity, and I asked, "Why is that?"

"Because soon, I'll be needed back in Equestria. I can't stay here forever. So, I can't be with Flash permanently," Twilight replied quietly, her grip on Flash's hand tightening. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she tried to keep her emotions in check. It was evident that she was struggling to come to terms with the fact that her time with Flash was limited.

"Twilight, please don't think of negative things. Just enjoy your time here with Flash," I said, embracing her tightly. Her eyes were puffy and red. No one enjoyed seeing Twilight upset. While hugging her, I gave Flash a stern look. He seemed nervous and uncomfortable under my gaze. "Don't you dare hurt her, got that? Or else, I'll have your head," I threatened. Flash saluted me while Twilight quietly wept on my shoulder. 

Applejack walked over, her eyes full of concern. "Sugarcube, we need you to be strong. Don't waste your time crying over Flash," she said, patting Twilight's head. I knew Applejack meant well, but her words were harsh. Twilight was hurting, and she needed our support. I let go of her. "We'll leave you two alone now," I said softly. 

As we walked away, I glanced back at Twilight and Flash. They were sitting on a bench, holding hands and talking quietly. Twilight's face was still sad, but she seemed to be calming down. I hoped that Flash could make her feel better. 

The Rainbooms and I went to discuss the next song for the Musical Showcase with Flash Drive. As we talked, I couldn't help but wonder how Twilight was doing. I hoped that she was okay, and that Flash was treating her right.