Faith Olsen

I woke up the next morning, funny thing is I didn't wake up with the crappy sound of my alarm, I woke up because of the bright light from the sun streaming through my opened shades, Man I should have remembered to close my shades yesterday night, well here is my punishment!

      I woke up 20 minutes after my alarm, so basically I had 20 extra minutes to do nothing! I sat up on my bed.....and well, pretty much did nothing but be lazy. After what is so called a gazillion years I got up and offed my alarm beforehand, and then made my sweet way to my closet. Maybe I should wear a dress today, I thought. You see I'm not actually the dress type, but sometimes change is good right?!

     I made my way to the non-poofy dress part of my closet. Surprisingly for a girl that barely wears dresses, I had a lot. My mom is crazy about dresses and she's always encouraging me to wear one, she says it apparently 'brings out my lovely side'. I know, it's crazy. I skimmed through a lot of dresses, floral ones, pink ones, girly ones, and finally my eyes landed on a cute thin royal blue high low dress with a black belt to separate the top and the bottom. It was sleeveless too which made it all the more comfier! (note the sarcasm). 

    I went to the bathroom and did what average normal people do in the bathroom, but not anything serious, ya get it right?!

    I came from the bathroom and dried my hair, I put on a bit eyeliner, so it was barely visible, and put on my fave pink lip gloss. I finally slipped on my dress and paired it up with a gray and white striped cardigan, and a gold charm bracelet, oh and black flats. I eyed myself in the mirror, wow I have made quite the improvement! I slipped on my book bag and dashed downstairs. 

    "Mhmmmm, mom are you making pancakes?" I asked my hungry side taking me over.

    "Yes dear I ha-" my mom stopped and then her mouth fell agape looking at me. 

                                                                         AFTER A FEW SECONDS

     "H-honey, your wearing a dress?" she said stating it like a question.

     "Uh yeah, can't you see that?!" I asked confused.

     "It takes me more than begs to make you wear dresses most of the time, and today must be a miracle!" she said smiling.

     "Yeah it must." I said non-enthusiastically.

     "Tell me, honey, is this about a boy?" she asked taking me by surprise.

     "What, mom  eww, hell no" I said drinking juice to calm me down.

     "Hey, I was just asking" she said trying to defend herself.

    I was about to reply when a car honk came from the front of my house. Who was it other than the one and only Taylor Norman, my BFF.

   "Mom, Taylor's here, I'm leaving" I said grabbing a green apple from the fruit bowl.

   "Okay honey bye, don't be late for school" she said as she placed a kiss on my cheek and left.

I opened the front door of my house and gently closed it behind me.

   "Wow hon, someone looks all dressed up, is it for a boy?" asked Taylor as I entered the passenger seat.

   "You are just like my mom. And to answer your question, no it's not for a boy, I just wanted to wear a dress today" I said normally.

  "Yeah yeah, whatever floats your boat" she replied starting the car.

  "What floats my boat is that you stop asking questions" I answered.