Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~Xun P.O.V.~~~~~~~~

I press the call button and put my phone up to my ear. The phone rings for a few seconds before someone picks up, "Hello. You are calling Riker's Island Prison. How may I help you?" A man answers.

"By any chance, may I speak to Li YinWei?" I ask.

"Could I ask why ma'am?" The man asks.

"I'm his daughter and I would like to speak with him," I answer to the man and open the door to my room and sit down on my bed.

"Alright then, give us a few minutes if you may," The man says and start hearing music play. Oh great, I'm on hold.

"Who is this and what do you want?" Another man answers. Never mind, I'm not on hold.

"Dad, it's me, Katelyn." I answer. I hate my English name.

I hear him sigh, "Sweetie, what do you want?" He asks as I put the phone on speaker.

"I just wanted to talk to you," I answer him and frown.

"Now is not the best time. Even though I'm in the yard, now is not the time. Call me some other time. I love you sweetheart," My father says and I huff out, "Dad, just let me tal-" he hangs up on me. "Dang it," I throw my phone behind me on my bed.

"What were you doing just now?" I look and see my brother standing in the doorway.

"I was trying to call baba," I answer him. Myung walks in and sits on my bed.

"What about mama?" He asks.

"She's in the psych ward. They won't let us talk to her," I say to him. After that, we just stayed silent. The two of us didn't have a good childhood. We were bounced back and forth from the states, China, and Korea. We've lived and a few other different places but those were the main three.

"Hey sis," Myung calls for me.

"Yea? What's up?" I turn my head.

"I just want you to know this," He puts his arm over my shoulder, "Whatever happens to us when we're older, I will always be there for you. You're my little sister, I should protect you."

"Thanks Myung," I hug him, "You're the best brother ever."

"Hehe. I know I am," He hugs me back.

"Yo yo yo," We stop hugging and see Luhan appa standing in the doorway, "Come on you two. Dinner is ready."

Immediately, I push my brother off my bed and run past Luhan appa.

"Yah! Get back here!" I hear Myung yell behind me. I run into the dining room and hide behind Baekhyun appa, "Bacon appa is my meat shield," I say and hear Baekhyun appa laughing at me.

"Boo."

"AHHHHHH! CHANYEOL APPA!" I scream and run into the kitchen before clinging onto Suho appa, "Appa, Chanyeol appa scared me."

Suho just sighs, "You see what kind of children I take care of? I have to deal with stuff like this all the time," He sighs again while putting two plates of vegetables in my hands, "Take that to the table please. I'll be right behind you with plates."

"Yes sir," I reply and walk to the dining room where some of the guys are beating up Tao again in the corner of the room from the time we were having yaja time.

"Appa, they're weird," I say and place the plates of food down, "Seriously," Suho appa places the plates he carried down.

"Watch out. I'm carrying hot pot," Suho appa and I move out of the way for Lay appa.

"Yahoo! Hot pot!" Myung cheers as he sits down in a chair.

"Can we continue beating up Tao?" Luhan appa asks.

"Aniyo! Come on. It's time to eat. Someone needs to get drinks," Suho says.

"I have a pack of cola, we'll live." Kris puts a box on the table.

"Are you sure that's not beer?" D.O. asks as he puts more plates on the table.

"If I forgot how to read hangul, then maybe this would be beer, but I know how to read still. Probably," Kris takes out the bottles and puts them on the dinner table.

"Guys! Let's eat!" Suho yells and everyone runs into the dining room for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~