Chapter Forty-Six

Before I knew it, we were heading towards whatever restaurant Harry had arranged for us to be at. I sat next to my brother in the back seat of the dark SUV, Harry and my sister sat ahead of us, and Anne sitting in the front seat, next to the driver.

My brothers mobile was out, his hands jerking as he played a game of Temple Run. I was almost a hundred percent positive that Drew was addicted to the game, though I didn’t say anything about it, knowing he’d have a snarky comeback ready about my Angry Birds addiction from years ago.

The memory of when I’d first met Harry popped into my head then; I remembered that I had been playing Angry Birds when he had first approached me. I hadn’t realized how important that day would end up being for me at the time, but I cherished the memories of that first conversation with Harry now.

***

“Angry Birds?”

I jumped in shock, surprised with the sudden voice practically next to my ear. I spun around as the voice spoke again.

“Sorry to scare you!”

My eyes widened as I was met with a boy, probably only a few months older than myself. I scanned his features; he was a solid nine on the looks scale; a possible ten. He had tight brown curls on the top of his head, bright, mischievous looking green eyes, and a cheeky smile plastered to his face.

“Like what you see?” he chuckled.

‘Hmm,’ I thought, ‘cheeky too.’

“I’m Harry. Harry Styles.” He stuck his hand out.

After staring at his hand for a moment, I stuck my own out and shook his. “Nice to meet you, Harry. I’m Jenna. Jenna Matthews.” I smirked slightly.

***

I smiled again at the thought of that day, my eyes drifting around, catching glimpses of taxis and lights flashing around outside.

“We’re almost there!” Harry called back, sending a grin in my direction.

I smoothed my hands over the skirt of the dress I wore; it was mostly white, and flared out at the waist. It was short, but had black lines running over the top that pulled the entire look I was going for together.

The car pulled to a stop in front of an upscale restaurant, and I could hear Harry mumble curses under his breath at the sign of paparazzi in front of the building.

“Someone from reception must’ve leaked that we were coming.” Harry said, a slight hint of anger in his voice, “There’s only going to be more when we leave,”

I leaned forward and rubbed my hand against his arm, “It’s okay Harry, don’t worry about it,”