Chapter Twenty-Seven

Just a brief note. THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH! 82K READS? THAT’S 12K READS IN ONE WEEK. ONE FREAKING WEEK. OMG. I’m so happy! Also, the Payzer break-up has been confirmed (sobs while eating a carton of Ben & Jerry’s) but they will not be breaking up in this story! I love them too much, and I don’t think I’ve fully accepted that the relationship I thought would last forever is over. (sobs again and starts watching The Notebook)

Read on. It’s kind of emotional (I think) and there’s some Lirry bonding and realizations in it! Really sorry that it’s late; my internet has been acting up -_-

Harry

She looked beautiful while she slept.

Actually, Jenna always looked beautiful. Sometimes I just looked at her in awe of her beauty. Creepy, I realize that. But it was true. For the past week, I’ve been trying to will myself to tell Jenna my feelings for her; that I like her as more than a best friend; that I think I’m falling in love with her. But every time I go to open my mouth, and tell her my feelings, I find myself unable to go on.

Last night we almost kissed. Almost. But she turned away only moments after we locked eyes, and began to move our faces toward each other. As much as I wanted to touch my lips against hers, I knew that it wasn’t the right time, especially with our families in the next room.

After she left last night, I promised myself that before the end of the tour, I would tell her exactly how I felt. Maybe in Los Angeles, on a beach possibly, or perhaps in New York, or Toronto even. We were going to be there for three days, and it was a beautiful city.

“Something on your mind Harry?” Liam asked from behind me.

I turned my head slightly, careful not to disturb Jenna, “Nothing much.”

Liam’s eyes moved to Jenna, and the way my fingers with unknowingly threading themselves through her hair. I met my eyes with his, and he seemed to be searching my eyes for some sort of emotion.

“You look at her the way Louis looks at Eleanor; the way I look at Danielle.” He said softly.

I understood his implications immediately but didn’t open my mouth; instead I kept to biting my lip and avoiding his gaze.

“Do you love her, Haz?” Liam asked..

I looked at the peaceful expression in her face once again, and turned to look at him, and whispered, “I think I do.”

Liam’s eyes didn’t widen like I expected them to; I guess he expected that answer; maybe it was the fact that he was in love, so he was able to sense the emotion or something.

“Tell her, if you wait too long someone else will come and take her from under you before you even realize what’s happening.”

“I don’t know how to Liam. How do you tell your best friend that you love her?”