Chapter Thirty-Four

“Harry! Who’s the mystery girl?”

“Who are you dating Harry?”

“Are you dating French model Anna de Leon?”

“Are you banging a married woman Harold?”

“Harry! Harry! Harry! Is your secret girlfriend your best friend Jenna?”

“Are you back together with Caroline Flack? Sources say you were seen leaving her apartment recently!”

“What about Cara, Harry? Did you dump her for the new girl?”

That was all I heard being shouted at me as I made my way to the van. Since the show was live, everyone went crazy the moment the words left my mouth, and it caused the paparazzi to go into a frenzy and mob me. Paul and Andy were doing the best they could, but the media were relentless, and would do anything to get the story they wanted. Thankfully the crew left before us, so Jenna was safe. As much as I wanted to have her with me, to protect her, I couldn’t. We hadn’t talked as yet and that would basically scream out that we were together, and I wanted to do that, but I didn’t know if she did.

I finally got into the van with the boys, and we zipped off to the hotel. I didn’t really feel like talking to anyone, so I pulled my earphones out and plugged them into my iPhone and put my music on shuffle. The first song that came on was a Coldplay song, The Scientist, which I loved. It had absolutely no link to the situation, but I loved it nonetheless. I closed my eyes and leaned against the seat, hoping the boys wouldn’t say anything and that Paul would leave me alone.

For some reason, my wish came true and no one spoke to me all the way to the hotel, and the voices of Chris Martin and John Lennon were allowed to flow through my head undisturbed. When we arrived at the hotel, the screams of girls were heard and I blindly walked through the crowd with the bodyguards and made my way back up to Jenna’s room, mentally praying that her roommate wouldn’t be there.

I reached the room, and it was immediately opened by her roommate, who screamed that she was heading out and would be back later the moment she saw me. That left Jenna and I alone, and I entered the room, closing the door behind me. I saw her blankly stirring a bowl of cereal in the kitchen, not noticing I was there.

“Hey love,” I said, coming up from behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pressing a chaste kiss to the side of her face.

Jenna jumped a bit, startled, but seemed to realize that it was me and loosened up. She turned around in my arms and looked at me, and I knew we were going to have a serious conversation.

“We should sit down.” She said softly, pulling away from me, and walking toward the couch.

I followed after her, and sat down beside her, turning slightly to face her. This was it. What I was so worried to hear.

“We really need to figure out what we’re going to tell everyone.”  Jenna said.

“What do you want me to say?” I asked, knowing I’d do whatever she wanted.