Chapter Nine

I really should be studying for the evil tests from hell (AKA Finals). But I had a burst of inspiration and decided not studying for an hour wouldn’t kill me. It’s funny how when I need to actually study, I have the sudden urge to write, but when I have nothing to do, I have no inspiration to write. Lol well be happy for this update, I'm not sure when I’ll get more time to write because A) I have finals and B) I have a gazillion and a half parties to go to that I can’t get out of.

Anyways, enjoy! I’m going back to studying. Ugh.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

From the moment I entered the flat, and Harry left to put popcorn in the microwave, I knew nothing would go as planned.

“You can go pick a film. They’re in the cupboard underneath the television.” He said, before walking into the kitchen.

“Any specific genre?” I asked as I slid my shoes off.

“Doesn’t matter. Pick anything you like.”

I made my way into the luxurious living room. Even though you could tell many of the pieces in the room were expensive, it still held a comfortable vibe. I liked it.

I opened the cupboard that held the films, and began to sort through them. After reading through the titles for nearly five minutes, I closed down on two choices. Titanic, and The Ring. I decided to ask Harry for the final decision.

“Haz?” I called.

“Yeah?” Harry appeared in the doorway.

“Do you feel like a scary movie of a sad love story?”

“It’s too depressing outside for a sappy movie. Let’s go with a scary movie.”

I glanced outside to see storm clouds brewing. “The Ring it is, then. “

“Okay, I’ll get the snacks then. Put it in the player.” Harry entered the kitchen again.

I slid the DVD in, and settled down on the couch with the remote in hand. Harry came in with two large bowls in hand, one filled with delicious looking popcorn, and the other filled with my favourite type of crisps ever, Sunchips.

“Are we both supposed to finish all that?” I asked.

“I’m a guy. I eat a lot.” Harry answered, shrugging.

“Sounds reasonable.” I said.

“Press play!”

“Okay, okay!”  

I clicked play on the remote, and glued my eyes to the screen.

XXX

I did not, by any means, like scary movies. I don’t even know why bothered to watch them, because I usually ended screaming, or burying my head into the pillow. This time however, instead of a pillow, I had my head buried into Harry’s side, and was practically sitting in his lap.

“Oh no. When she found Samara’s body everything should have went back to normal, and she and the guy could’ve gotten married and they could have been a happy family!” I cried, “Samara shouldn’t have killed him! How demented is she?”

Harry chuckled, “You realise that it’s just a film. It didn’t actually happen, love.”

“But still!”

Harry laughed again. “Another film now?”

“As long as it isn’t a scary movie.”

“Romantic comedy?”