Three

Recap

Poseidon cringed when he opened the piece of paper to see it written in red ink.

"The bastard wrote it in their blood."

Now

"The Bastard wrote in their blood." Percy spat angrily, there was so much venom in his voice that it made even the Gods shiver involuntarily. Zeus turned to his brother, Poseidon, who was now also red with rage, trying his best not to cause an earthquake himself. The God of the sea passed the note to his brother who was attempting to read it over his shoulder. Zeus cleared his throat and began to read out loud.

"Dear Brother,

I hope you enjoy the little surprise,

It was a great pleasure in killing them, your sister went first, then your step-father. You should have heard your mothers screams and pleas for me to stop. Music to my ears, sorry for not waiting for you so you could listen too, I just wasn't able to wait.

with hate,

C.D."

"Now you know why I wish to die, so will you fulfil that wish or do I have to do it my self?" Percy asked. Zeus looked over to his daughter, Artemis. After a long three minutes Zeus clears his throat. "If we gave you a job and a reason to live, would you accept?" He asked his nephew, who despite popular belief, he cares for and admires his loyalty and bravery. "Well it depends what the job is.." The young hero said worriedly. "Well the job is to become my hunters guardian, boy." By the tone of Artemis's voice it was pretty clear that she didn't like the idea any more than Percy did. Percy thought about it. It wasn't the hunters that betrayed him, it was camp Half-Blood. Thalia will probably side with him, but she might go and destroy the Greek demigod camp. All in all it was a good idea apart from staying with a bunch of dangerous, moody, man-hating females.

"I Perseus Achilles Jackson, swear upon the River Styx to protect Artemis and her Hunters even if I have to die to do so." He said seriously. The Gods were shocked by the fact he would die to protect the hunters, but appreciated it anyway. "Now for the blessings." Aphrodite clapped happily and shot a pink beam of light at him, making many Goddess's blush when it faded. Hades blessed him, as did Poseidon, giving him more control over water.

Apollo blessed him so he can be better at archery, because really, the worst archer in demigod history living with a bunch of skilled archers is unheard of. "Now for my blessing. You may choose a single animal to have the ability to transform into." Zeus boomed. Percy thought about it before replying. "A leopard." "And why would you choose that animal?" Athena asked with a small approving smile, in the corner Dionysus was beaming that he chose his sacred animal.

"Cats in general are what I would define as the stealthiest and most agile, but the leopard especially. where as cheetahs go for pure speed instead of stealth, leopards are able to sneak up to within yards of their prey and then pursue it with incredible strength, speed, and agility. Half the time the prey doesn't know what's chasing it. Jaguars are stockier than leopards, and therefore unable to execute manoeuvres as quickly, plus they live mostly in the rain forest where speed is restricted by plant growth. Lions and tigers may be powerful, but their size prevents them from being able to master the stealth and agility that a leopard possesses." Percy replied proudly. "In other words they are freaking epic assassins." Percy muttered though everyone heard him and chuckled.

"Perseus?" Hera called after consulting with Hestia. "Yes lady Hera?" He asked bowing respectfully. "Me and Hestia were wondering, ummm, would you like to become our champion?" To say Percy was shocked was an understatement, he was too shocked to speak which Hera took as a rejection. "Ugh, I'm sorry it was a stupid idea." She muttered. "I would be honoured to become your champion lady Hera, and Lady Hestia." Percy said sending a smile in Hera's direction. She grinned and her and Hestia sent a beam of light hitting him in the chest.

"From my blessing you can now summon home cooked meals and control fire as well as teleportation with fire." Hestia told him giving him a kiss on the cheek. "And if you ever need a place to think just go to a hearth, thanks to my blessing it will be even more calming." She said smiling. "And with my blessing you can now communicate through mind-messaging like the Gods, you can read, mortals, demigods and some Titans, monsters and Gods minds, and you can prevent people from penetrating or controlling your mind." She smiled and hugged him, giving him a kiss on the cheek also.

The Gods began flashing out until it was only Artemis and Percy left.

"Come on boy, we have to go back to camp." Artemis snarled. Percy nodded so Artemis grabbed his shoulder roughly, and Percy tried his best to hide the pain from a scar on it, and they dissapeared in a bright light.