Twenty-Seven

He pulled against the chains with all his might, but they wouldn't give.
"Don't bother!" A familiar voice called.
Percy looked up to discover a thin girl, bound with the same chains. Although it was dark, he could see her bruised eyes and bloody wrists.
"We already tried."

Percy squinted trying to make put the features of the girl. To be able to put a name to the voice.

"Zoë? Zoë Nightshade?" He asked his voice hoarse from dehydration. She nodded. "Wait.... you said we? Who else is here?" Percy wondered frantically. "Hey Perce!" Luke Castellan croaked. Percy passed out the last thing he heard was. "I think I broke him!"

When Percy awoke the up were joined by another person, well he wouldn't exactly call it a person per say,  more like a minatoar.  Clearly he had enough time to come back, and he was obviously not buddies with Percy at the moment. Percy pretended to be still passed out, so after the bull man grunted for a little bit and left Percy had a plan. "Zoë?"

"What?"

"Where are you?"

"Here!"

"I can't see you!"

"Open your eyes Percy!" Came Luke amused voice. Percy opened his eyes and saw that there was fire illuminating the room. He looked to his left and saw Zoë sitting on the floor. Straight across from his Luke sat with his head leaned back against the wall. "On my ankle there should be a bracelet, twist the charm two times to the left!" He said and moved his left foot closer to her. She looked confused but did so anyway. Percy was surprised that she complied, but assumed that it was because she was willing to try anything to get out by now. 

She did what he said and before he knew it a imperial gold dagger appeared in her hand. "I actually came prepared." Percy stated, clearly proud of himself. Zoë  grinned and began looking for the weakest part of the chain. Once she was free he motioned her to come over to him. When she did, he took off necklace and handed it to her, instantly it transformed into the the bow that Hestia and Hera gave him, and a quiver appeared in her back. "Get Luke out." He told her and she went and began helping him out.

Once they were all free Luke decided on taking the dagger, knowing Percy was more experienced with a sword rather than a  dagger. "Do you know how many there are?" Percy asked. "From what we've seen, around 5 hellhound and the Minotaur, a couple lastrygonian giants, and I think that's it." Luke whispered.  Percy nodded and headed for the door. "Percy where are you, going we don't have a plan." Zoë whisper yelled after him. "I made someone a promise and I intend to keep it, and to do so I have to get back to the surface as soon as possible." Percy stated and charged in.

Sighing in exasperation at the foolishness kf the man with them, Luke and Zoë followed. Taking mere second to marvel at how Percy hacked and slashed at the monsters, before they themselves were attacked. they fought hard, and eventually all three of them stood back to back in the centre of the room as monsters and giants surrounded them.

"Do you wish we had a plan yet, Perce?" Luke called, his dagger ready. Perce grinned. "Nope, because I got a couple tricks up my sleeve." And with those words he transformed into a leopard and pounced, clawing and biting at his enemy's, occasionally setting himself on fire. He pounced on the minotaurs back sinking his claws into his back as the minotaur did his best to buck Percy off.

Zoë shot an arrow, landing it right between the monsters eyes. Not long after. The three stood, heaving, in a room full of monster dust. They looked at each other and grinned. They were one step closer to escaping.