Twenty-Four

To be honest Percy felt like crying. Just when his life began to slowly great better, it was ripped from beneath his feet. He didn't have Annabeth to help him this time and the doors of Death weren't tied down to one place and could be anywhere. His eyes were closed as he plunged into the River Cocytos.

***

'I'm sorry! '

The words seemed to echo through the gods heads. Thalia woke up from her dream. She watched as Percy spoke with Craig, watched as he tumbled into Tartarus. She ran towards Faith, whom was still on guard duty and hugged her. "Did you hear it too?" Faith whispered tears streaming down her face. Thalia nodded. Lily made her way to her sister. "Where's Percy?" She sobbed. Faith and Lily might not have know why those two words echoed through their heads in Percy Jacksons voice, but they knew one thing for sure. That they were real, that they held a meaning and that they may never see the hero again.

Thalia made her way to Artemis and told her about her dream, Faith, Lily and Phoebe also listening. "I'm not sure wether what he did was brave and noble or just incredibly stupid." Faith muttered. Artemis nodded in agreement.

***

Artemis and Reyna looked at each other and nodded to each other and Reyna spoke.

"The war has begun."