Twenty-Three

It's been two months since they informed Camp Jupiter of the oncoming war, and everyone has been on edge, waiting to see who will strike first. Percy hardly slept, as he stayed up countless nights watching over the Hunters. Thalia, Nico and Faith would take turns to take watch with him.

Finally it was time. Camp Jupiter decided to attack first after Percy told them of a dream he had the night before when he finally slept. Craig was also getting ready for battle, Athena was working with Hecate trying to find a way to reverse the hold that he has on the Greek demigods.

Percy stood of in the corner as Reyna, Artemis and Clarrise were discussing battle plans, leaning over a map of camp half-blood. Finally Percy came to a decision. He never told them that Craig offered them a way to escape the war. Percy's surrender.

He waited until night fall, Faith was on guard duty with him. He listened to Faith telling him stories and her worries about the war, not knowing that her brother wasn't listening. Instead the son of Poseidon was staring at her, memorising her face as this is most likely the last time he would see her.

“Hey sis.” He said making the girl turn to him in shock having not heard him speak in so long. “I think I'm gonna turn in for the night. You guys were right, I did bite off more than I can chew.” He stated, standing up. Faith grinned and nodded, believing his lie. She hugged him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Good Night, now don't ever do something this stupid again.” She scolded, glaring at the older male playfully. “I can't make any promises.” He said truthfully. During their stay at Camp Jupiter, Percy decided to stay in his own tent rather than with the Hunters.

After entering his tent, he closed his eyes and let himself be engulfed by flames. When he opened them once more he was on half blood hill. The camp looked different. It looked no longer safe but rather gloomy and gave you the chills, he felt as though he was walking into a haunted house. Close. He was walking towards his doom.

Laughter was a strange thing to hear in this atmosphere. But it gave him the chills. Percy walked towards the big house. On the porch stood two demigods. Two sons of Ares, holding spears stood on either side of the doors like guards. They payed payed no attention to Percy making him from. Slowly he walked up to the one on the right and waved his hand in front of his face.

No reaction.

He clicked his fingers.

The son of Ares didn't even blink.

“They're perfect aren't they?” A voice called from his left. He turned and saw Craig. Or what was left of Craig. His skin was peeling off revealing the muscle underneath, and his eyes were sunken in. He looked dead.

“Oh! This?” Craig grinned gesturing to his face. “No need to be worried. This body simply can't hold my power. Its okay though. You're here now.”

“What do you want Craig.” Percy growled. “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Patience young one.” Craig mocked patting the opposing demigod on the head. Percy smacked his hand away. Craig leaned in to Percy's ear.

“I want you to feel my pain.”

Next thing Percy knew, Craig snapped his fingers and Percy was falling down, down to the depths of Tartarus. Only this time he didn't have Annabeth with him. He was alone. And he knew he wouldn't be able to survive this one. He looked go the sky that he was to never see again. Closing his eyes.

‘I'm sorry!’ He thought.