Chapter 40

Lottie POV

My heart beat quickened, my eyes widening, my jaw slackening a little as I stared at her. I watched as she looked at me for a few seconds her smirk widening as she saw the fear cross my face. She raised her index finger to her lips telling me to be quiet as she smirked at me before turning around and as fast as she came, she was gone.

"Lottie?" Mason questioned as he came into my line of vision making me snap out of my fear.

Looking up at Mason he looked down at me with a concerned look making me shake my head. "Sorry, whats up?" I questioned.

"Are you okay? You were spacing out as I was talking to you" He asked and I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just looking at the place. It's amazing" I lied hopping he wouldn't hear my heart beat quicken at the lie I just told.

"I'm glad you like it then" He grinned from ear to ear and I let out a mental sigh of relief, my shoulders sagging in relief.

"I was just telling you that lunch is ready" He informed and I turned around to see the boys eating their food while Mason and mine was at the table. Smiling at him, we walked over towards the table sitting down.

Thoughts ran through my mind as I ate.

What was Rose doing here?

What was she going to do?

What did she want?

I couldn't help but feel on edge. I knew Rose or at least I hope I knew her, she wouldn't do anything unless everything was set perfectly. She liked to have everything in a particular order so nothing would go wrong and everything would go off without a hitch. It was one of the reasons as to why I always let her deal with things that involved planning.

Whatever she was doing, I knew that she would wait till the perfect moment. Probably when I'm most vulnerable.

My only question was what was she going to do to make me so vulnerable?

+_+_+_+_+_+

I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom while Mason and the boys stayed outside playing in the water.

Walking into the bedroom, I stopped as I saw Rose sitting on the bed smirking at me. I let out a growl of disapproval as I shut my bedroom door.

"What are you doing here!?" I growled crossing my arms over my chest as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh my dear Lottie, you should have never made your mate through me out" She tittered standing up slowly narrowing her eyes as her smirk turned into a sickly sweet smile.

"You had it coming, you knew I hated you. It goes to prove that Mason does love me" I stated.

"Well I just came by to drop off some news" She stated, walking over to the other side of the room where their was a small table, picking up the small objects on the table.

"I don't care what news you have, get out of here before I do something I won't regret" I glared only making her laugh.

"Oh but my sweet sweet Lottie, you will want to hear this news" She grinned.

"Fine. What is it?" I gritted my patience running thin.

Why don't we just kill her? She's right in front of us. My wolf growled at me and I shushed her telling her to wait.

"Your Dad is in trouble and unless you want to help him, I suggest you come with me. Otherwise I might just have to kill him" Her smirk widening and my breathing hitched.