Chapter 48

Mason POV

Jumping from one tree to another, I looked down to see if anyone was down there.

Hurry up! Our mate is captured and your wasting time! My wolf growls and I grit my teeth.

I'm not wasting time. I'm checking to see if the coast is clear and we don't get captured. I say.

Just hurry up! He grumbles at me and I roll my eyes at him.

I hear bushes rustling and look down, my eyes narrowing as I see a grey wolf lurking in the bushes.

Knowing that I've seen the wolf, the wolf jumps out from within the bushes, crouching down as the wolf bends its head down in submission as I growl.

"I'm going to have to kill you now." I growl and smirk as he whimpers shaking his head.

Bones crack and soon enough, the wolf has turned back into it's human form.

My eyes widen as I recognise the wolf, before narrowing.

"What do you want?" I spit out.

"I'm here to help."

+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Lottie POV

NO! This cannot be true!

Frantically I began calling Mason through mind-link but got no reply.

I glared at Bates as he smirked cruelly.

"You bastard" I growled thrashing against the chains wrapped around, glad it wasn't silver.

I felt my claws coming out but was stopped when Bates realized what I was doing and pulled a blade from the inside of his coat.

"I wouldn't try that, you don't want the baby to get hurt now do you?" His smirk widening as he placed the blade against my stomach making me whimper, my claws retracting instantly.

"I hope you rot in hell" I spit glaring up at him with pure hatred. Only for him to laugh, his face turning stern as he looked at me.

"Oh honey, I guess we'll see each other in hell. Seeing as your mated to that bastard of a mate" He growls slamming the bottom of the handle from the blade against my skull making me scream out.

The door behind Bates opened and he turned around looking at whatever was behind him before turning to me with a grin.

"Say hello to your mate" He grins before side stepping and my heart lurches as I see Mason battered and bruised. His face was covered in dirt and blood.

"Lottie" He coughs out blood, the blood splatting the ground making me cringe as I whimper at the fact my mate was badly hurt.

"Let things begin now shall we" He smirks as I shout profanities at him.

I watched as they dragged Masons body over to me, shoving him to the floor, his body hitting the legs of the chair I was currently sitting on.

I let out a whimper as I heard Mason groan in pain, his body curling up.

"Please stop this madness" I plead at Bates, hoping there's still good in him.

"No!" He shouts "I will not stop in bringing back my wife. Now shut up!" He growls raising the back of his hand and swinging it down across my face.

The force from the hit sends me tumbling down onto Mason, and I whimper as I hear him cough out at the sudden impact.

I scream as I'm tugged back up with my hair being pulled.

A chair is brought into the room and placed a few inches away from me.

2 men hoist Mason up dragging him to the seat and placing him on it before wrapping silver chains around him making him hiss in pain, clawing at the chains wanting to break free but having no use.

A growl emits from him sending the men cowering back in fear before narrowing their eyes at him spitting in his face which made him angry as he tries and lashes out at them.

I look over to see Bates glaring down at Mason his eyes turning black as he takes a step forward towards Mason.

"Mason!" I shout out but I shout it out too late.

Bates strikes at Mason hitting him in gut making him keel over blood splattering the floor.

A whimper escapes my mouth as I see my mate in pain and knowing I cannot do anything about it.

"Stop!" I cry out as he hits Mason again.

"Stop!" I shout pulling at the chains as he doesn't listen to me hitting him once more.

"I said STOP!" I growl. Bates turns around glaring, his eyes hooded black.

Strutting towards me, his claws come out, my eyes widen as I realise what he's going to do.

Just as his hand comes down towards my stomach I twist my body, his claws digging into my back, which sliced the ropes around my body.

As the ropes break, I kick in between his legs making him fall in pain.

The 2 guys who brought Mason in charged towards me.

The guy with dark brown hair, brought his hand up in a tight fist and I ducked bringing my left leg out as I spun around making him fall to the ground.

Standing up as I'm half way around I bring my leg up into a round house kick as the guy with blonde hair is near me.

Running towards Mason, I rip the ropes from his body his body falling onto me.

"Lottie" He gasps my name, his arms wrapping around me in a tight hug.

I'm suddenly turned around, my back against the wall as Masons body is pressed against m, but not too hard so he's not hurting the baby.

His body tenses and I look behind him in time to see the brown haired guy with a silver knife in his hand.

I let out a scream as Masons body slumps down on me.

"Mason!" I cry out as I feel blood seeping down on me.

Bringing the hand that had been wrapped around Masons torso, I look at it and all I can see is a shaking bloody hand.

----------------
Hey Guys

How are you all!! Sorry, I know I said once I got 70 likes and 10 comments I'd update straight away but I had no inspiration for this chapter and honestly it isn't up to the standard I wanted it to be which I will redo once I get inspired and have finished the book.

Anyways. OH NO! HOT MAN DOWN. HOT MAN DOWN.

What do you thinks happened!?! How is this helping Mason!? WHO is helping Mason?

I've come up to a conclusion and there are only are few more chapters until it is ended!! After that I will be taking a break on story writing. Don't worry! I'm not leaving forever I'm just going to rewrite this story all the way to the end before posting it up.

After this book is completed I will then be making sure it have 3 to 5 chapters before publishing one chapter so I don't make you guys wait too long like I have been.

Enough with a rambling. So thank you for those who have stayed put and continued to read my story!! I love you all xx

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE!

Until Next Time

XOXOMELODY