Chapter 1

KYLIE POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. Internally groaning, I get up and head to my closet. I grab my cheerleading uniform and put it on. We always wear our uniforms on game days.

I go into my bathroom and do my hair and makeup. Aiming for a neutral look, I solely apply mascara and eyeliner.

I brush my teeth and walk out of my bathroom, heading back into my bedroom. I grab my phone and book bag and head downstairs into the kitchen. I see my mom cooking on the stove and smile. "Hello, Kylie." She chirps.

"Hey, mom." I sit down at the island in our kitchen and wait for the food. I always eat breakfast because of my active lifestyle. I cheer, and I go for runs every day in an attempt to get all of this energy out.

My brother, Nate, walks into the kitchen and takes a seat next to me. He picks up a pancake and begins to eat it with his bare hands, getting crumbs all over the island.

I grimace. "Really? You're in college. You'd think you'd be more mature." I say as I roll my eyes.

My mom gives me a plate with a chocolate chip pancake. I have to admit, my mom does make the best pancakes in the world, so I don't entirely blame Nate for eating it with his hands like a barbarian.

"Hey! The pancakes are good. Besides, mom should be thanking me. Fewer dishes to wash." He says with his mouth full of food.

I grimace once again. "I don't understand how girls find you attractive. You're a pig," I say.

My brother was about to come back with a clever remark, but my mom intervenes. "Game today?" My mom asks, changing the subject.

"Yup, we're going against Edgewood," I say before putting another bite of pancake in my mouth.

"Ahhh, the famous rival school." She says in understanding.

"I hate those guys. They're so stuck up," Nate states.

"I'm sure they think the same about us," I say.

Nate rolls his eyes. "Well, I'm still glad I don't have to deal with them again."

Nate used to be the quarterback of the football team. When he graduated, he picked the ass hole, Luke Parker, to be the new quarterback.

"Are you guys competing on who gets more late students throughout the year?" My mother asks.

I look at her in confusion. "No, why?" I question as I eat the last of the pancake.

"Because if you don't leave right now, you're going to be late." My mother sends a stern look my way.

I look at the clock and see I have ten minutes to get to school, and it's an eight-minute drive. "Shi-" I begin, but my mother clears her throat, daring me to finish. "I mean crap." I get up and hug her before grabbing my keys and running out the door.

I get in my car and drive to the end of my driveway. I look both ways and begin to pull out when I see a car speed around the corner. I slam on my breaks, flipping the driver off. My concern for my unladylike behavior dissipates as I notice the ignorant driver is none other than Luke Parker.

Luke Parker is an arrogant asshole that everyone worships. He is the most popular guy in school and, although I hate to admit it, is the hottest guy in school. Luke knows it, too. He has had countless girlfriends and could have any girl in the school, except for me. Luke is very competitive and bases his life around football. He also goes out of his way to annoy the hell out of me.

Luke and I have always clashed. I've been the most popular girl in school for as long as I can remember. Although, I don't want to be. I've never had a boyfriend, but I could have any guy I wanted. I base my life on cheerleading. I am always working on new cheers and practicing. I am also very competitive and go out of my way to annoy Luke.