Chapter 23

Hey, guys and gals :) Hope you like this chapter, please comment and vote! I'd like to thank everyone once again for voting and commenting! You are all so nice and you're kindness and support keep me writing!

KYLIE POV

I walk back to my team and find them stretching and getting ready to cheer for the rest of the game. I look at Jessica, pleasantly surprised. "You got them to listen." 

Jess nods with a smile. "Yup," Jess leans in close to me and whispers in my ear. "I threatened to turn you on them with another lecture if they didn't."

I laugh. "Of course, you did."

"So," She begins. "I saw you talking to Luke."

I came to this game with every intention to cheer, leave, and not tell anyone anything about Luke and I.  I wasn't going to tell anyone why I've been in my room for two weeks, but as soon as I saw Jess, I spilled everything.

Except that I love him. I didn't tell her that little bit of information.

I nod. "Yeah, we're going to talk more after the game."

Jessica smiles. "Good. You two are good for each other."

I smile a sad smile. "Yeah..." I trail off.

Jess puts her hand on my shoulder. "Everything will work out."

I sit down in the grass. "What... what if my dad wouldn't want that? What if my dad is turning over in his grave because I'm considering taking him back? Luke's brother killed him..."

Jess scowls at me. "You're lucky I don't slap you as hard as I can in the face. How dare you?"

I give Jessica a confused look. "What?"

"I know you lost your father, but I lost him too. He was like a second Dad to me, and I'm not going to sit here and listen to you say things like that. All your dad wanted was for you to be happy, and you're saying he would be upset and angry that you want to be with Luke? He would have never kept you from what made you happy. So, don't say he would. Don't use him as an excuse to not be with Luke." She says angrily. "You know what? He is turning over in his grave.  He's turning over in his grave because you think he would keep you away from Luke." 

I'm shocked. She's right. My dad would be turning over his grave because I was thinking he wouldn't want me with Luke. He would never keep me away from my happiness

I feel terrible.

I pick at the grass. "You're right, Jessica. I'm sorry." 

She sighs. "No, I shouldn't have been so harsh." 

I shake my head. "No, you said what you had to."

Jess smiles. "Alright, hug time."

"Okay." A voice agrees as they wrap their arms around Jess.

Jess smiles. "Drew, I was talking about Kylie."

Andrew lets go of Jessica and shrugs. "Fine." 

Drew walks over to me, picks me up off the ground, and hugs me, causing me to laugh.

Jessica rolls her eyes. "Andrew, I meant Kylie and I."

Andrew shrugs again. "Okay." He pulls Jessica in and the three of us stand there in a group hug. "I don't know about you guys, but I can feel the love."

"I meant just Kylie and I." Jess clarifies.

Drew pouts. "Now I feel the hate."

Jess and I hug before Jessica turns to Andrew. "Fine." She opens her arms. Andrew grins and hugs Jess.