Chapter 15

Hey, guys and gals :) Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please comment and vote!

KYLIE POV

Two weeks and three days. That's how long it's been since Luke and I had our second date. Our second kiss.

Ever since then, we've been a little more... friendly. By friendly, I mean holding hands under tables, stealing a kiss when no one is looking, having movie nights at each other's houses. 

Andrew and Jessica have their suspicions about us, but they haven't confronted us yet. Honestly, if I were to be asked about mine and Luke's relationship status, I wouldn't know how to respond. I don't want to give us any labels when Luke and I have yet to talk about it. I know we're friends at the least, but beyond that, I have no clue.

Although I like Luke, and like kissing him, and being in his arms, I can't say I am one hundred percent content with our new found relationship. I will admit that the situation could be worse, and I could just be overreacting. But is it a crime to want something more than a secretive relationship? 

Sometimes, I worry that this, whatever it is, is all Luke wants. 

"Earth to, Kylie." Jess waves a hand in front of my face. "What's with you? You haven't even touched your food."

I snap out of my thoughts and look at Jessica, giving her an innocent smile. "Sorry, just thinking."

"I don't see how you could get lost in your own thoughts. It's so damn loud in this cafeteria." Andrew complains.

"Aww, is the usual optimistic and philosophical Andrew grumpy today?" I tease.

"When it's so loud, I can't think? Yes." He says.

"Right. How can you be philosophical without your deep thoughts and views of the world? I reply sarcastically.

Luke chuckles. "Did you have extra sass with your breakfast this morning?"

"I had no more sass than I usually have, thank you." I smile.

Luke grabs my hand under the table and entwines our fingers. He looks at me and smiles. His actions wipe the smile off my face. I don't want to keep going the way we are now. I don't want us to be a secret. I don't like hiding things from our friends, and I don't like feeling as if Luke's ashamed of me because he doesn't want people to know about us.

Luke looks at me, clearly confused. "What's wrong?" He whispers in my ear.

I shake my head, taking my hand out of his. "Nothing," I whisper back.

"Then why won't you let me hold your hand?" He asks.

I sigh. "Can we not do this here?"

"Why are you guys whispering to each other?" Jess questions.

"Forget it, alright?" I whisper to Luke.

"What's up with you two?" Andrew asks.

The bell rings and I let out a sigh of relief. "As much as I would love to stay and chat, I have to get to class." Quickly picking up my things, I leave the cafeteria. 

"Jacobs, I'm not done talking to you!" Luke shouts.

Really? He just last-named me? I should be the one that's beyond pissed! Luke's making me feel like I'm being used because of all the secrecy!

I abruptly stop and turn to face him. I glare at him but take a deep breath, determined to keep my cool. "You used my last name. Really?"

"Yeah, you act all weird, and then you leave without giving me an explanation! What the hell is up with that?" Luke fumes.