Epilogue

Hey, guys and gals :) So this is the last official chapter of this story :'( I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me by voting, commenting, and just reading in general.  

I'm honestly kind of conflicted when it comes to how I feel about the ending of this story. I'm glad it's getting finished, but it makes me a little sad to no longer be writing it.

I hope you enjoyed my story! Keep an eye out for more! I promise I will eventually write another story.

 KYLIE POV

"Daddy!" A little girl screams.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Josh pinched me!" She points an accusing finger.

"Did not!" He defends. 

"Did too!" She scowls.

"Nu-uh!" 

"Uh-huh!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Children enough! Behave yourselves!"

The girl sticks her tongue out at the boy and he sticks his tongue out at her in response.

I giggle and lean over to Luke. "Aren't you glad that isn't us?" I gesture to Andrew and Jessica scolding their children.

He grins. "Yes." He agrees. 

Jessica and Drew hear us and they walk over to us as they glare. Jess hits my arm playfully and Andrew wacks the back of Luke's head, causing me to laugh. 

"Hey!" Jessica say. "Don't get too happy that's not you. Pretty soon it will be." She gestures to my very big stomach.

Andrew puts an arm around his wife's waist. I smile. They've been married for three years and you can just tell they love each other more and more every day.  They got married four years after high school, once we all graduated from college. They had a boy about ten months after they got married named Josh, who is now three. A year later, they had a little girl named Grace, who is currently two.

Luke puts his arm around my waist and gently puts a hand on my stomach. "I know, but I honestly can't wait." He says. 

I grin at him. He is going to be a perfect dad.  I peck his lips and put my hand on top of the one he has resting on my stomach. 

Luke and I got married just two years ago, although our freshman year of college he gave me a promise ring. I'm now eight and a half months pregnant and I couldn't be happier. I love Luke so much. Every time we kiss, it's like I fall in love with him all over again.

We hear glass shattering and quickly turn to where Josh and Grace are standing with guilty expressions on their faces, a broken vase in front of them.

Drew and Jessica sigh. "The both of you go to your rooms." Jessica sternly says.

They both march up to their rooms while Jessica and Andrew clean up the broken vase. The doorbell rings, causing Jessica to get up and answer the door. Jessica's face lights up. "Mrs. Jacobs!" She hugs my mother. 

"Hello, dear. How are you?" She asks Jess.

"I'm great. Losing my mind slowly... but great." Jessica chuckles.

My mother laughs. "Just think how I felt with Nate and Kylie." My mother turns to me and smiles. She hugs me and kisses me on the forehead.

We all walk into Andrew and Jessica's living room and sit down. Andrew, Jess, Luke, and I sit on the couch and my mother sits in one of four recliners. Just as Jess sits down, the doorbell rings. She groans. Jessica goes to get up but Drew stops her. "I got it, Jess."

She relaxes and smiles. "Thank you."      

Andrew goes to the door. "Nate, man, how are you doing?" We hear Drew greet.

 Kyle, Nate, and Nate's fiancee Jade walk into the living room. Nate and Jade sit on the love seat together.  Nate turns to me and smirks. "You're huge." He says.

Jade's eyes go wide and she smacks his arm. "Apologize!" She reprimands.

"Sorry." He says.

I smile. I like Jade. She's very pretty and she's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. The best part is she keeps my immature brother in check. They met at my brother's college when he was a sophomore. They hit it off right away, which honestly surprised me. They dated through the rest of college and for four years after they graduated. My brother recently worked up the courage to propose. About damn time if you ask me.       

I honestly don't know how she puts up with him. I mean, he still eats like a pig, he's still a slob, and I have no idea how he graduated college and started a business as a mechanic. But I guess that's what love is. Loving a person's faults as well as their strong points.

She rolls her eyes at him. "Kylie, don't listen to him. You look absolutely stunning. I wouldn't be surprised if you still have that lovely figure of yours after you have the baby."

I grin. "I've been trying not to give into my weird cravings."

The doorbell rings again and this time Luke goes to answer it. Luke comes back with Jack and his parents. I slowly stand up and hug his parents.

"How is my grandchild?" Mrs.Parker asks with a warm smile.

I smile in return. "Good."

His parents go sit in two of the three recliners left while I hug Jack.

Jack got out of the rehabilitation center a year ago. Luke went to college to be a lawyer. He wanted to be able to help people like his brother, but also help families that went through what my family went through with my dad. He wants to be able to find a balance.  Although I really wanted to get justice for my father, I believe what Jack went through was overkill.  That's why the first case Luke took on was his brother's.

"How are you, Jack?" I ask.

Jack hugs me back. "I'm slowly getting better." 

"I'm glad," I say as I sit back down on the couch. He takes a seat in the last recliner.

It's true. The improvement he has made is remarkable. Although he is still a little shy and can be distant at times, he is getting better. He can't really handle large crowds, but he is getting help. He has a therapist, which just so happens to be Jessica. She went to college to be a therapist.

"Mommy?" Josh yells from upstairs.

"Yes?" Jess replies.

"May we come down now?"

"I suppose." She responds.

We hear little feet coming down the stairs and into the living room. "Uncle Jack! Uncle Nate! Aunt Jade! Mrs.Jacobs!" The children yell simultaneously. 

Grace and Josh hug everyone and  Grace sits on Jacks's lap while Josh sits on Jessica's. Jack absolutely adores Grace. Grace has Jack wrapped around her little finger.

 We sit and talk, laughing at each other's stupidity, and I can't help but think how lucky I am to have these people in my life and how loved my child is going to be.  

Although I miss my dad and I wish he was here, I'm lucky for what I have, and I know he'd be proud of me. He'd even be proud of Nate.

"So, Kylie dear, what's the gender of the baby?" Mrs.Parker asks.

I grin and look at Luke. "Want to tell them together?"

He nods. "Sure. On three."

"One," I say.

"Two." He says as he grabs my hand.

"Three."

"The baby is a..."

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys and gals :) This is it. The ending. I hope you enjoyed reading it! 

Keep an eye out for bonus chapters!