Chapter 5

Hey Guys and Gals:) Here's the next chapter. I hope you like it! If you do please comment and vote!

KYLIE POV

Luke pulls into the school and parks his car. "Made it just in time." He says.

I look at my phone to see that it is exactly seven-fifteen. "Yeah, we did."

We both get out and start walking towards the school. "Hey! Parker!" Someone yells. I can't tell who it is, but they're leaning against the door frame of the main entrance.

Luke sighs. "That would be Andrew yelling like an obnoxious idiot." 

I smile."Of course, it is."

Andrew runs from the door frame and meets us in the parking lot. He glances at me then at Luke. "So, what's going on here?"

"Nothing." Luke and I say at the same time.

Andrew chuckles. "It sure sounds like nothing." He says sarcastically.  We roll our eyes at him and the three of us start to walk to the school. "So, Kylie how is life?" Andrew asks casually.

"Life is... okay," I answer. 

"You hesitated." He said.

"What?" I question, officially confused.

"You hesitated on your 'okay'. What does 'okay' mean anyway? 'Okay' is what people say when they're upset or something." Andrew rants.

Luke and I look at Andrew with quizzical expressions, thinking about what he just said. When what ]Andrew said processed in my brain, I looked at Luke for help out of this situation. 

"Since when are you an expert on people's lives and feelings, Drew?" Luke asks, drawing the attention away from me.

Andrew shrugs. "Don't know. Just thought I'd share my wonderful words of wisdom."

"Yeah, like anything you say could be considered wise." I retaliate. 

We reach the door and Luke walks in first, but before I could walk in, Andrew stands in the door frame, blocking my entrance. He looks at me, as if he's trying to find something, then smiles. He looks back at Luke then at me. "I like this one."

Luke rolls his eyes. "Yeah, well too bad we're not together and we never will be."

That hurt a little. Why did that hurt a little? 

I roll my eyes at the boys before clearing my throat. "Can you move now?" 

"Of course," Andrew says.

I walk in and we walk the rest of the way to the football field in silence. Once we reach the locker room where the boys change, I start walking away. "Alright, well as fun as this has been, it's my time to leave."

Andrew nods and walks into the locker room. Luke stays and takes a step closer to me. "You could come in with me." He smirks.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I say. I turn around to leave, but Luke grabs my wrist.

"Are you going to the after-party?" He asks. 

At the thought of the party, I stiffen.  I hate parties. Ever since my dad died, I've hated anything and everything that has to do with people drinking.

"No. You know I rarely go to parties." I say.

"Oh." He says. 

I gaze at Luke and find that he looks hurt. "It's not because of you though. It's...it's...complicated." 

Although Luke seems a little less dejected, he still looked disappointed.  "I'm gonna go change. Make sure you cheer for number fifteen." He winks.

"Sure thing. Good luck." Luke starts to walk into the locker room. "Oh, and Luke,"

"Yeah?"

"Kick Edgewoods ass for me," I say.

"Anything for you." He says with a genuine smile. 

---------------------------------------------------

"Hey," Jess says.

"Hey, ready to cheer?" I ask her.

"Me? Yes. The rest of the team? No. They won't listen to me when you aren't here. I told them to stretch and they started talking and going on their fucking phones." She huffs.

"Today's generation." I shake my head and let out a sigh. "It's alright, I'll get them to stretch." Jess nods. 

I go to where the team has so graciously decided to slack off and put my hands on my hips. "What the hell do you think you guys are doing? The Edgewood cheerleaders are going to be here any minute, and you guys are sitting on your asses doing nothing? I want you to stretch now, and if you guys aren't properly stretched by the time Edgewood gets here, we are doing at least ten laps around the football field Monday." I scold.

All the girls groan and rush to get started on their stretching. "You know, I'll never understand your love for running." Said Jess. Yes, even she groaned.

"It's a stress reliever. It gets my mind off of things. The fact that it helps keep me in shape is a bonus." I shrug.

"You're a crazy person." Says Jess. 

"A stress-free crazy person." I correct her. We both laugh and I only stop laughing when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Long time no see, babe." Says Jackson Brown, quarterback of Edgewood's football team.

"I'm not your babe, so let go of me," I say in disgust.

This just makes him wrap his arms tighter around me. "Oh come on, don't be that way, babe. You know I like you."

"No, you like the idea of getting in my pants. Now let go!" I growl.

Jackson tries to kiss me as I attempt to struggle out of his grasp, but he won't budge. "I believe she told you to let go of her." At the sound of Luke's voice, relief rushes through me.

Jackson lets go of me and Luke grabs my arm and pulls me to his side. He keeps a sturdy arm around my waist, but I could easily get out of his embrace if I wanted. "I never thought I'd see the day when you two ended up together," Jackson smirked.

"Yeah, that's right we're together. So if you touch her again, I'll break your jaw." Luke threatens. I look at him astounded. 

I think my startled expression gave him doubt because Jackson smirks at me. "If you guys are together, then why don't you kiss her?" 

"Fine, I will," Luke said.

Luke looked at me then down at my lips. I didn't know what to do because I was still trying to process what was happening. If I thought I was in shock because of Luke saying we're together, then I was wrong and unprepared for what happened next.

Luke crashed his lips on mine and tightened his grip on me. 

What surprised me more is I kissed him back, and neither one of us pulled away from the other.